Trump's legal defense team is a wreck, lawyers keep leaving

HardKeyJerboa-small

15 Likes

I can’t stop laughing.

Perhaps he needs a gypsy lawyer circus show instead. Dancing clowns, whiskey and pickpocketing into the night…

8 Likes

c3361546f27245850f759bb6ffe3b5dc

15 Likes

Who needs a legal defense team when half the jury is already in your corner to begin with?

29 Likes

Awww, bummer, dude! That really sucks. Oh well, catch you next week!

9 Likes

Guess it’s up to you now best boy grip.

9 Likes

tumblr_79e2b8d75bb05bb83a89e1731d2a18e9_e2d1dbea_640

39 Likes

@navarro

Hey I was gone for awhile. Just so happy to see everyone/read everyone. The best to you & yours.

Papasan

24 Likes

It is entirely possible. The senate would just have to choose to do so as a procedural rule.

The republicans aren’t interested in making sure everyone votes their conscience. They are interested in absolutely nothing but power. And they have decided, for some reason, that marching the US towards civil war demanded by a lot of their base, is the best way to achieve power.

20 Likes

it has been a delight to see you as well.

shantih shantih shantih

7 Likes

I’m there, right now.

:love_you_gesture:

9 Likes

I guess “represented an insurrectionary fascist and got stiffed on the bill” wasn’t the way they wanted to wind up in the history books.

22 Likes

I’d like to think that the legal team beat a hasty exit because 45 wanted them to pursue his delusional election fraud fixations instead of the impeachment, or that he’d perjure himself in under five questions if put on the stand, or because he lies like a river flows.

Naah.

The CNN article "Trump’s impeachment defense team leaves less than two weeks before trial" buries the reason for the legal team’s departure half way in.

The attorneys had not yet been paid any advance fees and a letter of intent was never signed.

Imagine my surprise. </snark>

38 Likes

somethingsomething jury of one’s peers…

3 Likes

Where, oh where will they find peers of Trump, i.e. delusional, moronic, conspiracy pedaling racist know-nothing fascists?

Half the jury are republicans you say?
Never mind.

12 Likes

Has anyone told him that antifa have painted his office in transgender colours yet?

12 Likes

Wow. You think that the GOP gives a shit about the rest of us… lol… okay. What a dream.

14 Likes

Doesn’t it seem clear that the strategy that Trump wants to pursue is to argue that the election was stolen and that therefore inciting a riot was part of his civic duty rather than what the defense lawyers probably wanted which was to say that he never meant to incite a riot? I’m guessing the lawyers are leaving because he is telling them that he did in fact intend to start a riot.

I would guess that the incentives for representing Trump are pretty high even if he doesn’t pay them. It will be an easy win and it will make them look like great lawyers. The people representing Trump could easily end up like Johnny Cochran or Robert Kardashian as far as fame goes.

5 Likes

I fear permanent reality denial coming any day now- the Senate is still in bed with this constitution shredding orange monster.

I know that they will not get 17 people to convict him, I pray so hard I’m totally wrong.

Apparently Republicans believe that leading an assault on the capital is somehow legal and not actually a treasonous insurrection in violation of multiple constitutional principles, which it is.

They are going to vote away the last vestiges of our democracy for this shitspittle of a shadow of a man, because they drank poison at the expense of everyone and everything decent left.

I don’t think we can ever recover from a precedent like that. I don’t think its possible.

I don’t know what to do anymore. This moron was supposed to die, but it’s like we almost won when Biden got in, except now we’re in satan’s inverted castle with the Republican’s insane gambit, and all the real work starts now (Playing Castlevania Symphony Of The Night a lot, felt the anology fit. Mitch McConnel is the dark priest Shaft, Trump is Dracula being ressurected by McConnell)

17 Likes

IOKIYAR

5 Likes