Trump's legal defense team is a wreck, lawyers keep leaving

Originally published at: Trump's legal defense team is a wreck, lawyers keep leaving | Boing Boing

12 Likes

good

40 Likes

Would it be possible, in the impeachment trial, for them to do an anonymous vote? (rather than one where each senator proudly writes their name next to their vote?)

That would make a Huge difference in the outcome, as dozens of senators are terrified of going against him because they will be attacked by trump – whether metaphorically, or (as is the case now) literally being attacked or killed (or having their family members attacked or killed)

Remember, trump is, above all things, a mob boss, and does everything the mob boss way. He will not hesitate for a second to encourage his followers to go murder his opponents, or anyone who sides against him.

37 Likes

Turns out, publicly stiffing Giuliani for his fees may not have been the best way to advertise for new lawyers ^^’ .

Delicious schadenfreude is delicious.

61 Likes

nice

38 Likes

Trump’s inability to hold on to competent legal representation probably won’t matter much here since the Senate trial is a political process rather than a legal process. It certainly doesn’t bode well for any civil or criminal trials he may face in the future though.

68 Likes

I think its much more likely, in this case, their issue is he keeps insisting on them to make non-sense arguments that have nothing to do with the charges, and which will destroy their credibility as lawyers and destroy their careers.

26 Likes

Well, yes, but if he paid the cash, they’d lkely swallow a lot more loss of credibility xD .

There’s a LOT of ambulances with toothmarks in the bumpers, from shameless lawyers. Money talks.

12 Likes

I would suggest rephrasing that since it could be construed as an antisemitic insult.

ETA: Thank you.

19 Likes

23 Likes

If Trump would stop interfering, this would be over soon simply because not enough Republicans will vote to convict him. But of course he is incapable of shutting the fuck up and getting out of the way of his lawyers.

15 Likes
33 Likes

re-posted by popular demand

43 Likes

Maybe they’re leaving because they haven’t been paid and are fearful that they’ll never be paid. That wonderful transaction philosophy of Trump’s, you know.

21 Likes

What what! Money? Money is nothing amongst friends / thieves.

Note sarcasm, gleefully.

14 Likes

I say, tee (ahem… clearing my throat), hee! :yum:

7 Likes

The Senate pretty much sets their own rules. There’s nothing in the constitution about HOW the Senate votes except they need 2/3rds of the votes. Virtually everything else is up to the Senate to decide. That said, a secret vote would be a hard sell if only because it’s never been done before.

15 Likes

exactly - it does not matter what kind of train-wreck trump’s defense is, because his cadre of gutless republicans will vote him off the hook.

14 Likes

“If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you by the court.”

6 Likes

I forget, was he one of the later stand-in Stooges?

16 Likes