Trump's top AG pick hates democracy, loves cages for kids

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/27/trumps-top-ag-pick-hates-democracy-loves-cages-for-kids.html

12 Likes

It’s things like this just hit me over the head with how surreal our reality has become.

Like, who could say this out loud and not be seen by everyone as a monster? How is this the new “normal” for a political party and not the ravings of some AM-radio-and-canned-beans-addled prepper in the deep woods?

29 Likes

Super Earth does not approve!

3 Likes

More on the Article III Project, which basically exists to consolidate and cement Republican power over what was once an independent judiciary. Picture the Federalist Society aimed at laypeople.

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Article_III_Project

I know that the question is rhetorical, but at least 27% of the electorate will not see him as a monster. Another 20-25% will go along with the monster because he promises to cut their taxes and/or identifies as a Republican. What we’re seeing right now in America is what other countries have seen since the 1920s: fascists asking for power openly and without shame via a mainstream political party.

So it turns out that the U.S. is not exceptional in this regard. Here we are at that same fork in the road – not years in the future, but now.

17 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

“Authoritory?” Really?! The University of Iowa should rescind his degrees. For that and for being a supposed defender of “Constitutionalist” judges while stating seriously that he doesn’t like democracy.

10 Likes

Cromulent

10 Likes

Dana Carvey Nbc GIF

3 Likes

Don’t all the Republicans think the USA is a republic, not a democracy? Just like North Korea?

5 Likes

Well that’s what they say, but anyone who’s had 3rd grade social studies should know that we are both. They know we’re both. It’s just the bs they’ve cooked up to justify authoritory.

6 Likes

Though a portmanteau of authoritarian and Tory feels like something that could be useful, although I guess maybe a little redundant these days.

6 Likes

‘We’re gonna deport a lot of people, 10 million people and growing - anchor babies, their parents, their grandparents. We’re gonna put kids in cages.’

Barron and Melania perchance?

2 Likes

That Mike Davis fella is a real fun guy. Literally, a fungi.

I don’t know who’s worse, him or the giggling idiot host of the Benny Show. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised the latter is a Johnson. (-‸ლ)

1 Like

I mean, as a bonus to these people having no idea how civil society or causality or abolition go, can we not then have a bit of a demo on how to treat them with a fun amount of explainers and deep magnetic brain stimulation? I mean, offer them some pretty stiff antioxidant and matcha drinks to make it stick, but as long as they think that was chosen at random between hangin’, hydrolysis and being made into cat treats, maybe it can be a nice coda.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.