Try these sweet milk "rice cakes"

Originally published at: Try these sweet milk "rice cakes" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will make these, as they look delicious.

A suggestion for those of us who wish to consume less sugar, try using erythritol, which is a plant-based sugar alcohol. It may be used as a 1:1 substitution for regular sugar and does not affect insulin or glucose levels. It also tastes sweet, just like regular sugar.

3 Likes
1 Like

“Let’s be honest; the pandemic made us all develop a trendy Uber Eats habit…”

All? Does Uber Eats deliver to every location where a BB reader lives?

People tell me not to object to the use of “we” or “everybody” when it doesn’t include me (can you say non-neurotypical?) But “we all” along with “let’ be honest” is hyperbole too far. Dude, try walking a mile in the other person’s shoes.

3 Likes

Hey.

Maybe you’re having a bad day. Maybe you aren’t. But my opinion- this doesn’t feel like something worth getting so upset about.

4 Likes

‘A suggestion for those of us who wish to consume less sugar, try using erythritol, which is a plant-based sugar alcohol.’

Good tip! Though everyone, please remember that sugar alcohols can cause - ummm - ‘digestive issues’. Erythritol is much less troublesome than xylitol and sorbitol as relatively little reaches the colon, but be careful if you are sensitive to those sweeteners.

And I will definitely be trying this recipe.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.