TSA confiscates photographer's blower because it could be filled with gunpowder and used as a missile

And yet, despite numerous, almost daily reports of Teh Burning Stoopid and Security Theater from the Thousands Standing Around, nobody inside that 8-lane deathstrip that seperates Washington from Reality has even PROPOSED dismantling TSA. . .

Thereā€™s always hope. Consider the skills required for all that disobedience and rebellion - doing stuff youā€™re not supposed to do, hiding stuff youā€™re not to supposed to have, explaining it all away when you finally get caughtā€¦and here we are!

I know, I know. 1984 arrived much later than expected. But with it, comes the need to do stuff and hide stuff and explain stuff in opposition to rules and authority that serve no purpose other than to oppress and control.

Actually, no. They are not confused at all. Their job is to keep the passengers in a constant state of fear of bogeyman and obedience to the state. The foot soldiers may actually believe that they are protecting civilians from bogeymen, but even thereā€™s no confusion at all.

1 Like

They won the moment our leaders let fear and poll numbers govern their decisions.

There simply isnā€™t signs from the powers that be at reversing the trend.

1 Like

I was pretty appalled when I read the headline and assumed they confiscated a phone. Iā€™m only slightly less appalled now I realise it was literally a blower.

2 Likes

We canā€™t let any of you on the plane because you could have martial arts training which you could use to attack the planeā€™s crew.

2 Likes

Wait, there was a time when politicians DIDNā€™T do that?

1 Like

8 years ago, leaving Montreal a screener saw the same blower in my carry-on. He asked me what itā€™s for so I squeezed the bulb on my wifeā€™s hair and we all had a good laugh and we proceeded to the boarding gate. Wouldnā€™t dare pull this stunt in US airport.

1 Like

They won. Weā€™re afraid.

Welcome to the police state. Cyberpunk was so much better when it wasnā€™t real.

4 Likes

I figured that out when they arrested that angry LoL player for posting that awful threat on facebook. Even after they found out he is not actually dangerous and took all necessary precautions to show he is not actually a threat, they still want to toss him in jail for ten years as if that will fix anything. They are more than willing to ruin his life just on the off-chance that he is actually a threat, even though they definitively proved he is not. Nope, getting him psychological help is clearly not an option, they just need to toss the animal in a cage and look the other way. And then toss him in the cage again when he gets out just in case heā€™s still a terrorist.

Then, letā€™s forget not how the law enforcement considered glitter to be a deadly terrorist weapon now. I mean, why not?

They are so insanely terrified that they have throw away all logic and reasoning whatsoever just because there is no time for thinking when that could be a BOMB!!!

I agree. The TSA is nothing but a bunch of senseless, stupid, moronic, retarded freaks with badges. They serve absolutely no purpose but to make our lives harder. They do not protect anyone. I would be very surprised to hear if they have actually ever stopped a real threat before. If they have, it was purely by accident, I am sure. They are intellectually incapable of doing anything useful.

Youā€™re clearly a terrorist if you question the absolute all-knowing knowledge and authority of the ever-holy TSA.

I wonder how they would react to a tin of Gunpowder Tea?

1 Like

if they seriously want to remove everything that theoretically could be harmful then they should declare a ā€œno checked luggage and fly nakedā€ policy.

Well, personally, Iā€™d complain and ask for Assam, cos I like builderā€™s tea.

1 Like

COULD be filled, not was filled. If it was filled with water, would it have been a squirt gun?

Iā€™d love to work for the TSA but the mandatory lobotomy scares me.Not sure I could stick the coat hanger in my eye socket and Iā€™d not trust a ā€œmanagerā€ to assist me with it. LOL

Unable - that space is filled with concrete and has been rendered inert.

In 1775?

But hands and feet can be a deadly weapon, so donā€™t forget the amputations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.