TSA officer arrested for coercing a woman into showing her breasts

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/10/tsa-officer-arrested-for-coerc.html

3 Likes

Johnathon Lomeli (22)

I’m trying to picture trusting a security apparatus that hires people who still get carded when buying beer and I just can’t.

8 Likes

whaaaaaaat thaaaaaaaaaa faaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

3 Likes

Easy there, pal, I’m 47 and still get carded.

Perhaps better screening of job applicants, and improved employee supervision is required for the TSA. Assuming, of course, Congress isn’t capable of abolishing the agency.

13 Likes

This is shocking, but I’m not shocked.

6 Likes

This is what happens when you massively staff up an organization, have to hire a lot of people quickly - and hire just about anyone who applies.

5 Likes

He should be required to register as a sex offender. This is much worse than other things (like urinating in public) with the same requirement.

16 Likes

Being registered as a sex offender for public urination is bullshit.

This guy however tried to sexually assault a woman so it seems like he should qualify.

21 Likes

He then told the woman she had nice breasts and that she was free to go.

Oh for fu@ks sake…

7 Likes

I’m slightly surprised a single officer can detain a single passenger, and be allowed into areas (elevator) without additional monitoring. So much for ensuring passenger safety.

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s almost like the TSA is pointless security theater.

9 Likes

Aye these days the rule of thumb is anyone who looks under 50 gets carded; as a CYA policy.

As for the topic at hand; I fully concur that the TSA needs to be abolished.

4 Likes

I was carded the last time I was in Costco. My cart included many things, but also one bottle of wine. My daughter, who is legally old enough to drink, was with me. Technically, I could have a grandchild old enough to drink, except I didn’t have my children until later in life. It did seem a little surreal. I assumed it was a new corporate policy, and I certainly didn’t want to give the cashier any flak about doing her job (I was old enough to be her mother, too!).

4 Likes

It’s when they stop carding me that I’ll know I’m officially “old.”

5 Likes

Well yeah what process allows this person to be alone with a member of the traveling public, without surveillance?

I didn’t realize that the officer was hired in the initial rush when the TSA was first established and gearing up. I didn’t know they were desperate enough to hire 4-year-olds back then.

No, but whoever hired him was part of the broken inept culture that came about through needing a lot of bodies and not caring who they hired. That set the bar and they ain’t raising it…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.