TSA screener insists that full-body screening is mandatory

Huzzah to anybody with the time, money, and chutzpah to see this through - rein in the TSA!

As it is, I’m forced (and am willing) to pay significantly more for tickets that don’t change planes in the USA :frowning:

@saizai

I think you antagonized too much. First of all, “I prefer not to” is not an answer to “Are you able to take off your shoes?”. It’s either “Yes”, “No”, or “I refuse to answer that question”. Later, it is really unclear whether you are or aren’t able to go through AIT. I seem to understand that you are not. Why not make it clear?

1. It’s not an answer to the question of whether I’m able to take off my shoes, but it is an answer to the policy that says I don’t have to. I chose not to answer that question because it makes an incorrect assumption, i.e. that if it is possible for me to take them off, I have to do so.

2. I don’t see how it is possibly “unclear” when I repeatedly, explicitly said that I am not able to. He just refused to believe me.

Do you think that also being unwilling makes me capable? (Or that not being capable means I am not allowed to also have volition?)

Again, you keep saying you feel that you were very clear, but the multiple posts to this thread are saying otherwise. You need to observe your behavior from the outside, looking in. We all get what you are trying to do and the point you are trying to get across, you just didn’t do a good job at it. Good luck with your case, I do feel you have some good points. Not sure I agree there’s a cut and dry violation of your constitutional rights. I agree they are not very effective and things could be done better. Unfortunately with so many people going through these checkpoints they need to have black and white questions/answers. And for folks that want, or feel there should be, a grey area, they should expect to have to step aside, wait their turn, possibly miss their flight, and possibly not have things go the way they want.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.