TV ghostbuster reveals the tricks for faking paranormal activity

I have my own unexplained event. It would be rather dull to describe in detail - a passport disappeared, and reappeared a week later after I had got a replacement. Not spooky, much more ‘how could that possibly be?’ I had searched for it thoroughly. When it ‘popped back into existence’ it dropped into the drawer in front of me, leaving it exactly where it should have been all along. That was 40 years ago. It probably did not ‘pop out of thin air’, but I was not expecting it, and everything was over so quickly.

We should remember and record, just as you have done. We should not discard data and experiences because they do not fit our world model. If nothing else we know a few unexplained things in a lifetime is normal background. And if you are lucky, you might figure out the cause. And I bet it ain’t spooky.

1 Like

Yeah, it definitely did. I persisted simply because I enjoyed the stories.

1 Like

Until they introduced Scrappy and suddenly all the ghosts were real :frowning:

4 Likes

You might find this interesting then

It’s by Peter Watts so usual warnings, especially if you harbour any beliefs about free will.

1 Like

We’ve got coyotes that live in the woods behind our house, it’s definitely a WTF noise if you’ve never heard it (also, all the noises foxes make sound paranormal as hell).

TBH I’d probably be the opposite, I’d hear a demon chanting in latin or some shit and be like, eh, that’s probably a sound a fox could make.

4 Likes

That happens to me a lot but its called ADHD and I take meds for it. But mythologically speaking, if something disappears and then mysteriously shows up right where it should have been, that’s fairies.

3 Likes

The best way to explain supernatural phenomena? Not to debunk it, but to show that the actual science—physics, psychology, whatever—is far cooler than any vulgar spiritualism. Ours is a wacky, wonderful, terrifying world where the true magic is understanding how it’s done.

My favourite explorer of unexplained phenomena will always be Carl Sagan.

2 Likes

Your ADHD causes lost physical items to pop into existance out of thin air in front of you?

Well, it probably is not spooky, anyway. I like to keep an open mind.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheFigen/status/1558226402993913857?t=mIooUl8fodAQjlAdNDI8bQ&s=19

2 Likes

A lot of these methods are far too convoluted. Surely it’s far easier to just misinterpret the lack of evidence and then yell loudly about it online.

Been there…

TV ghostbuster? TV ghost buster(s):

Is that… not how it works?

2 Likes

Sometimes they are Behind A Thing, when previously they were not Behind The Thing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.