Ghost recorded in spooky theater CCTV footage

[Permalink]

Looks like a small chunk of pixels were moved in post.

1 Like

Whoa yeah. Dragged and dropped.

Yeah, no expert, but it really looks like a cut-n-paste job on the chair. The problem is, I canā€™t even figure out what the chairs actually look like, so I canā€™t figure out whether the light spots and shadows would make sense if you moved a chair that way.

The light ā€˜orbsā€™ are probably bugs. They seem pretty close to the camera, near as I can tell. Iā€™d be curious to see if other non-ghost footage has them. I would bet it probably does.

The table does move later too, but it moves slightly further off-screen, making me think someone pushed it or bumped it.

How often does the camera trigger? Iā€™m curious to know if someone could run in, change something, then run out, between clicks.

Also, itā€™s odd how the guys says ā€œwe never check the cctv footageā€, except that they just happened to this timeā€¦

Iā€™m sure if itā€™s a real ghost, itā€™ll show up again though.

A ghost that knows photoshop! Cool.

This is REALLY fortunate for the medium that happens to be performing there.

1 Like

Not even photoshop or any other kind of digital trickery. They just tied a string around the legs of a chair, ducked out of frame below the camera, and gave a little tug.

4 Likes

Watching the white spots streak around, I couldnā€™t help hearing John Belushi (from beyond the grave) yelling FOOD FIGHT!!!

Yeah, Iā€™m going with cat.

Was anyone else expecting one of those screaming face tricks?

5 Likes

I took my headphones off in anticipation.

Notice that the section of the footage where the movement in the chair happens has no background noise. Watch the top of the frame before and after the movement. Youā€™ll see that there is a lot of movement in the compression/noise, but during the movement those sections of the footage are still. This suggests that that section of the footage was edited.

I counted down the last few seconds so my brain was prepared for it when it came.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.