TV news report about unwanted Alexa orders triggers unwanted Alexa orders

*From the best Trek movie (about whales)

10 Likes

“Jarvis.”

3 Likes

Serge”, because if I’m going to have a voice-activated minion, I want one with a silly name reference that nobody else is going to think of.

2 Likes

Funny how 30 Rock predicted this. Tech folks should hire more comedians I guess:

9 Likes

You have stopped using Amazon completely, correct? Because it’s not as difficult or insane as I make it sound. Amazon isn’t getting to that future with my help, shop local.

Can you get vintage milk locally?

5 Likes

I do, but it’s bespoke. I use patience.

4 Likes

Donald Trump reading news articles about unwanted Alexa orders triggers unwanted Alexa orders.

3 Likes

Donald Trump can’t read.

1 Like

Not silently at least.

1 Like

Scotland will be safe!

7 Likes

Not even out loud.

Vintage milk is my favorite

9 Likes

I noticed a crap-load of devices at the CES that listed Alexa support as one of their major attributes. I wonder what happens when one has 3 Alexa devices within earshot?

1 Like

In Turkey, it’s just called “Delight”.

2 Likes

I know it means we can have new technologies we might not otherwise

I gave you my tiny heart despite this.

And then the report about the report caused more unwanted Alexa orders. When will they ever learn?

1 Like

Wait, is this how the singularity happens?

5 Likes

I’m more worried about a new kind of virus – sets up on a home PC (or anything with a speaker) and orders non-physical products when it determines no humans are home. Scrape 5-10$ off each person a month on ignorable nonphysical items & you could rack up a decent amount of money before people figure out what happened.

3 Likes

If a virus could be set up to purchase more viruses, could we consider it a life form?

3 Likes