TV recap: Game Of Thrones 'The Lion And The Rose' [season 4, episode 2]

Thought there would be more bathroom jokes. Glad I didn’t watch it.

1 Like

While I understand your frustration, I am confused as to why you need a recap of an episode you watched yesterday.

Surely I could spoil the whole show by just saying: “in the next episode of Game of Thrones: boobs. stuff is killed. questionable accents continue. includes some kind of grandiose scene that is made significant merely by its massive scale.”

1 Like

The Martells and Tyrells have names far too similar for me to accurately distinguish them at all times.

Allow me to date myself: Whenever I see a reference to House Martell, I think of Pete & Catherine.

1 Like

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: BB TV recaps complaint department

2 Likes

George R. R. Martin is about to lay down the biggest surprise of all soon. It is something nobody would have ever expected to see watching the series. It is going to blow your minds! I do have to make the caveat that I can’t guarantee HBO will include it in the series because it might be too extreme.

I’ll give a link to the truncated URL if you are brave (you can put the pieces together if you want):

7 Likes

I moved a post to an existing topic: BB TV recaps complaint department

I kept expecting some particularly gruesome execution of Shae to be the main event. I also kept expecting Tyrion to Hulk out and go for revenge.

Anyway, the poison appeared to be cyanide.

It is known as the Strangler in the books. It’s the same substance that Stannis’s Maester Cressen uses to try and kill Melisandre in the first episode of the second season (It doesn’t work as well on Melisandre as it does on Cressen and on Joffrey).

Inconceivable!

2 Likes

If you don’t want to be spoiled, DON’T READ THESE RECAPS.

2 Likes

Mod note: If you post off-topic replies on how you don’t want to read recaps, it will be deleted.

2 Likes

Interesting! Do you think it has anything to do with this earlier scene?

1 Like

Hey! That is just trolling! My post is 100% on topic. It is George R. R. Martin who is responsible for the trolling. So says Ser Pounce.

As I said, what is the most unlikely and mindblowing thing that could occur in Westeros after three seasons of bloodshed, betrayal, and depravity?

1 Like

Oh, great. Now you’ve ruined it for everyone.

1 Like

Go Sansa!

She had the opportunity, she had the motive.

1 Like

Meanwhile, Daenerys is still trying to end slavery. #WesterosiWorldProblems

6 Likes

Maragaery’s brother is not perspicacious.

1 Like

Daenerys of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons will pay you an equitable wage in fire and blood.

4 Likes

On the next episode of CSI: Westeros…who killed the king?

1 Like