TV reporter spots missing dog while shooting segment about missing dog

inside edition is hardly my cuppa tea, neither.

I saw it. It was real. Boston is my home.

3 Likes

Hold it right there, even in modern Germany where do NOT look kindly on Hitler references HH just means Hamburg.

1 Like

I’m reminded of that old joke: An albino Dalmatian went missing for a short while, but later a local artist spotted it.

7 Likes

Helly Hanson gear isn’t my favorite, but it’s not bad gear and sometimes it’s the gear that fits me best. Why would having the abbreviation for Hamburg on me make you assume things about me, even if you didn’t recognize the Helly Hanson logo?

Edit: oh, sorry Jeroen, I never learn to read the entire thread before I comment. I see you already mentioned it.

Someone needs to write a song with that as the chorus.

3 Likes

i had addressed this in another response that seems to have been removed, but hh has been known code for neo-nazis for many years and being able to buy and wear gear that displays this prominently has been documented as a benefit to such people. there are many symbols and ideas that have been co-opted or otherwise ruined by hate groups and i did not mean that sharing them automatically makes one complicit, only that i would be suspicious as would many people who study such groups or work with the trauma that they cause, or perhaps worse, those who may mistake you as signaling agreement. i am sure that what strikes someone familiar with the city of hamburg as suspicious or worrisome differs greatly from someone who has spent a lot of time working against hate groups in the u.s.

Well that is distressing indeed. However, I’m a bit curious about your comment about someone familiar with the city of Hamburg, vs. someone who has spent time working against hate groups, as though they are mutually exclusive categories? I was an exchange student in Germany living near Hamburg, but I am also a card carrying member of the SPLC, in fact my younger daughter has a SPLC tattoo. And I also buy a lot of camping gear. Surely there need to be some other contextual cues before jumping to labeling people given the proliferation of coopted symbols?

2 Likes

Thief did the owner a favor, seeing how it was locked in a car.

And this could be the logo:

No one thought it could be true. Nobody believed me.
I saw it. It was real. Boston is my home. :joy:

4 Likes

:thinking: :smirk: :rofl:

I’m telling you, I swear to God, BOSTON IS MY HOME!

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s a heartwarming story and all but I noped out of the video as soon as I heard the American local news voice. I have no idea how anyone can stand watching anything with that vocal affectation.

(And just to make this very clear: this is not a gendered thing, like the complaints about vocal fry for example. This voice-over person happens to be female but that voice is used by everyone working in American local news for some reason)

Helly Hansen are a sailing outfitter, first and foremost.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.