Woman spots her dog, lost in Idaho, on a Florida brewery's "adoptable dogs" beer can

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/03/woman-spots-her-dog-lost-in-i.html

5 Likes
5 Likes

So much for all the naysayers who advised her that coping with her loss by turning to alcohol wouldn’t solve anything!

21 Likes

Presumably Hazel went to Florida to model for Motorworks Brewing.

4 Likes

Be serious. If you had to choose between another winter in Iowa (or worse, Minnesota!) and Florida, what would you do? It might be a long trip, but not nearly as long as another Midwest winter!

True story: $HERSELF knew someone when she was a girl whose dog liked to travel. Critter hopped freights or trucks (this was Nowhere, Montana in the 50s) and just about everyone on the routes that went through the area knew him so when he got picked up in Washington or Illinois or wherever he just got handed to the next truck or train going back to Montana and was greeted when he got home. The drivers got some good company both ways and probably a coffee or a beer in MT.

8 Likes
10 Likes

This has got The-Feelgood-Movie-Of-The-Year written all over it.

5 Likes

Also, how did she get from Idaho to Iowa?

Does this have anything to do with the location of Kansas City?

16 Likes

I’m happy she found her dog instead of one that looks like it. My parents made that mistake when I was a kid, they buried someone else’s roadkill cat thinking it was our Sammy, who was missing at the time.

3 Likes

Maybe tomorrow, I’ll want to settle down
Until tomorrow, I’ll just keep moving on
(doo-doo-de-doo-doo)

1 Like

You know, some dogs step out for a jerky treat, and they never come back. /s

4 Likes

Wait, Boing Boing has a Florida bureau chief!? Does this explain the incidence of Florida Wo/Man stories on Boing Boing?

4 Likes

9 Likes

These “dog reunited with owner after X years” stories are always a little bittersweet, given that doggos don’t stay fresh all that long.

Shit, at least KCMO and KCK are right next to each other, sharing a culture and economy. Idaho and Iowa are over 700 miles apart, with very little in common. Usually, I can forgive this mistake, but not on the day of the Iowa Caucus!

2 Likes

Why the hell did she have to proove she was the original owner? That’s like when my bank asks me for Id when I’m making a deposit in my account. I very enfatically tell them “Listen, I don’t care who they are, what their name is, even what they have done, let them put money in my account!” This poor dog had been in shelters for years and needed an adoptive family.

1 Like

Probably because there was a few people who were in line to adopt the beer can dog

Same with any local news Adoptable Pets segment, people want to grab that little fame

1 Like

That must have gotten kind of disturbing when the cat came back…

2 Likes

Ahhhhh… did not think about that.

1 Like

I wonder if Hazel ran away becauise she thought Monica was drinking way too much beer.