TV reporter spots missing dog while shooting segment about missing dog

Originally published at: TV reporter spots missing dog while shooting segment about missing dog | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Doggo found, yay!!

27 Likes

She found the very thing she was looking for. How ironic.

11 Likes

True Stories of Criminal Masterminds!

This stuff writes itself, hey A&E, call me.

10 Likes

The urge to be on TV is a powerful urge, urgewise.

6 Likes

i don’t know if they make really amazing gear or something, but if you’re walking around with “hh” emblazoned on your clothing i’m going to assume some things about you and you’re going to deserve it.

4 Likes

So…where’s the actual original newscast, as opposed to Inside Edition’s reality TV version? That’s what I’d like to see. But it looks like IE bought that up to make it their story. Such is life.

5 Likes

That they like to ski? Are you saying it’s a veiled Nazi reference? Because Helly Hansen products are pretty good. IMHO, North Face < Columbia < HH < Mountain Hardware < Arc’teryx and the price usually reflects that.

16 Likes

Helly make good gear, man. anyway, glad the dog was found but now i want to know what that guy thought was going to happen once she called 911.

6 Likes

So the guy was walking the dog outside of the apartment complex where he stole it? Not exactly a criminal mastermind, that one.

See above. He must have thought that his story was believable.

The reporter really lucked out. Sent out to do a missing dog story, she ends up in a nationally distributed story.

8 Likes

Guy lucked out too. In a way.

1 Like

Gave me the collywobbles, I could fathom losing my Whiskey, who is a German Shorthaired Pointer like the one in the story. Glad to see them home safe and sound.

9 Likes

With masks on, there does seem to be a strong resemblance to the owner of the dog.

Suspicious Will Smith GIF

3 Likes

Here you go: Stolen dog returned to owner after 7NEWS team spots purloined pup. Includes moment of the actual reunion between owner and dog.

5 Likes

well there’s a case of “5 on your side” really being just that!
investigative report “you can trust!”
we’ll find your dog, too!
film @ 11

4 Likes

Maybe its not hot over there right now, but please don’t leave your dog locked into a car, it’s not just thieves you have to worry about, cars can easily get very hot in the sun.

2 Likes

Scene 1: Report on Perseids meteor shower.
Scene 2: Meteorite crashes into studio.

1 Like

Did you mean to say North Face > Columbia > HH > Mountain Hardware > Arc’teryx ?

1 Like

I guess it depends. You can buy cheep-o crap North Face branded stuff, but their high-end stuff is better. Arc’teryx used to be amazing but well out of my price range (hence I don’t own any of it). Columbia and Mt. Hardware can usually go either way, but I’ve found Columbia good for bags and accessories, not shells and liners. I’m still wearing the same Mountan HW shell from almost 15 years ago. HH is somewhere in the middle (oh, with Patagonia, Burton…). Damn. I could drop over a grand at REI or EMS and not even realize it.

2 Likes

The dog owner looks like an older version of the dog thief. I suspect some kind of time travel paradox.

5 Likes