TV weather guy keeps his cool when temperatures on map show up freakishly high

[Permalink]

1 Like

Yes, apparently one of those places was ā€œhot enoughā€ to melt Iron, at over 2,800Ā°F. Not quite boiling (5,184Ā°F), but really itā€™s a minor distinction in the grand scheme of biological lifeā€™s survivability.

5 Likes

A perfect meteorologist to the apocalypse. Iā€™d be calmed by his soothing delivery.

7 Likes

But itā€™s a dry heat.

7 Likes

Itā€™s Arizona. I can believe those temperatures are real.

5 Likes

Maybe itā€™s the devil coming to take his sheriff back.

4 Likes

You get good, solid evidence like this, yet people still say global warning is a mythā€¦

12 Likes

Please stop it with the GIFs below the videos. Please.

3 Likes

The GIFs are a quick alternate for people who block video and need to unblock, a quick preview for us. Though I agree it is a hybrid of preview convenience and the godawful Netscape blink tag.

3 Likes

No surprise really, have you ever been to Wickenburg in summer? Thereā€™s a reason the old Vulture Mine went underā€¦

1 Like

I think that was a Celsius / Fahrenheit error - ironā€™s boiling (thatā€™s 5184 F = 2862 C). I think we can forgive that, as itā€™s outside the area where most meteorologists have to do regular mental conversionsā€¦

I always wondered where the person who programmed the Mars orbiter ended up workingā€¦

1 Like

Best ā€˜go-with-the-flowā€™ since George Carlinā€™s Al Sleet, the Hippy Dippy Weatherman. ā€œOur radar shows a line of heavy thunderstorms approaching from the south, and a line of incoming ICBMs from the northā€¦ so I wouldnā€™t sweat the thunderstorms.ā€

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.