Twitter failed to pay promised bonuses, says judge

Originally published at: Twitter failed to pay promised bonuses, says judge - Boing Boing

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve gotten those before.

IMG_0166

10 Likes

This was a suitable ending for these sleazy BS arguments. Maybe it will also be a wake-up call to techbro workers who foolishly see Texas as an employee’s paradise in comparison to California and who trust founders to keep their word.

Now it’s a question of whether Xitter will be solvent enough to pay out when it comes time for the plaintiffs to collect.

8 Likes

Verbal contract is a contract.

Offer + acceptance + consideration = contract

18 Likes

Always ask for it in writing

10 Likes

I wouldn’t take Lord “Paedo Guy” Skum’s word in writing either to be honest.

13 Likes

They always come back with a faux-insulted “oh, you don’t trust me?” or “but we’re a family here!” I learned to cheerily say “that’s why we should get it in writing, so our relationship doesn’t have this hanging over it.”

16 Likes

I wouldn’t work for him in the first place, nor ever take him seriously, but I would want communication in writing.

8 Likes

This is why I always carry peppercorns, just in case

6 Likes

Old-school: My word is my bond.

Elon-school: My word! Is that a bong?

12 Likes

This is an incorrect reporting of what the judge decided. The judge was only ruling on the motion to dismiss. He denied that motion. All he said was that the plaintiff’s claims are plausible, not that they are true. This case still has to be tried. Or settled. The trial hasn’t happened yet.

12 Likes

Presumably the next excuse will be that the bonus can’t be paid because Twitter, as a company, doesn’t exist any more.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.