Twitter finally cracks down on Kremlin-controlled RT

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/29/twitter-finally-cracks-down-on-kremlin-controlled-rt.html

3 Likes

Ok, RT has been spreading propaganda in the US via multiple outlets and Twitter is the one who “cracks down”.

Like trying to plug a dike with a toothpick no?

9 Likes

A real crackdown would be, at the very least, suspending the account for two weeks so Putin’s pets couldn’t spread even more disinformation right before and after the election. But this is 2020 and this is Twitter, so this is what passes for a crackdown.

[Now let’s await either our new user from the I.R.A. or one of our Useful Idiots with some good old fashioned Russian whataboutism]

7 Likes

Um… I think you mean “dike.” Normally not one for pedantry, but in this case it’s kind of an important distinction…

4 Likes

VOA will be next. Yes Voice of America is no longer dedicated to America warts and all news coverage, The Trump appointed head of VOA has rescinded a vital regulation that prevented government interference in what they broadcast. Read this article from the Boston Globe Editorials section for more details.

2 Likes

The ‘y’ spelling is very common, though as the OED points out, it is not original.

4 Likes

Too f’n little, too f’n late, Jack.

2 Likes

I guess you ready voted then @Exonauts.
I’m waiting for the day.

“But we cracked down before the election!”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.