Twitter finally testing edit button

Originally published at: Twitter finally testing edit button | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Huh, I thought the most famously bad thing about Twitter was Twitter…

2 Likes

It’s stunning how long it took Twitter to add an edit button, but I’m glad they did. I cancelled my Twitter Blue subscription after they started focusing on NFT avatars, but I might pick it back up again if that’s the only way to get an edit button.

Speaking of Twitter’s NFT avatars, that’s pretty much a dead feature now, right? It seems to be a thing of the past, like adding “.eth” to the end of a username.

1 Like

I just hope they add some sort of marker to any edited messages.

4 Likes

I hesitate to open this can of worms, but I seem to have missed that. Am I just as glad of it? I joined sometime in 2014, but didn’t use it much for several years.

1 Like

The .eth thing was a short lived fad from the past year that was popular amongst cryptocurrency enthuasiasts. It was part of a top level domain where people could register a .eth address (ie “docpop.eth”) and when people typed that into a browser, it would forward them to that user’s ethereum wallet. Twitter was very popular with those same users, so you’d see a bunch of crypto enthuasists who added the .eth to their username for a while. Then crypto crashed and that .eth name registry is at risk of breaking, so folks are quietly deleting the .eth from the end of their usernames.
Here’s an example of someone deleting their NFT avatar and .eth name after the cyrpto market collapsed:
garry tan eth

2 Likes

ENS DAO tweeted that the domain’s owner, Virgil Griffith, is “unavailable”. By this, they mean that he is currently serving his first of five years in prison for helping North Korea evade sanctions.

LOL - wait - what?

2 Likes

Five years too late to find out what the hell “covfefe” was supposed to mean.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.