Twitter locks Trump's account after he backs mob attack on U.S. Capitol

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/06/twitter-locks-trumps-account-after-he-backs-mob-attack-on-u-s-capitol.html

12 Likes

And all it took was armed insurrection.

60 Likes

What a cute little toy spine they’ve found! Careful now - it’s fragile…

30 Likes

He shows up on Parler in 5…4…

11 Likes

This is the movie scene where the weak character waits until the strong-arming bully leaves the scene and then says, “That’s right, you better run!” after asking, “Is he gone?”

Trump should have already been banned from Twitter four years ago, at least, if not before then, and they still won’t do that yet.

15 Likes

There are signs of a stealth 25th-amendment in action. That is, pence is do’n stuff which vice-presidents ought not to. Beats me why it might be in ‘stealth’ form …something something confuse all the trumpy-knuckle-draggers perhaps.

5 Likes

23 Likes

Twitter are gutless cowards for not permabanning his ass. Jack Dorsey deserves to either be thrown in jail for the level of slack that he’s let his company give to Trump over the last 4 years to where it’s been able to come to this.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m sorry assholes, now is when your terms of service and policies apply? Not at any time in the past four, no forget that, eight years? From before this traitor to his country was President? Where the fuck where you? How many people will die because of your special treatment? Glad to see that it only took armed insurrection to change your minds.

18 Likes

If storming Congress while both the House and Senate is in session with the Vice President present isn’t a outright coup attempt, then what exactly is?

22 Likes

And outside they were chanting “Hang Mike Pence”. Cult coup.

12 Likes

For Facebook Youtube and Twitter to start removing his insurrectionist shit… gosh, I guess we know what their “red line” is now. And now I wonder how long they’ll keep this up. Hopefully long enough that Twitter will ban him, as he’ll no longer be president (and thus will have to play by the same rules as everyone else).

10 Likes

Trumpers want it all. Even a Pence pardon — a sop consolation prize for his rabid followers — won’t save Pence; if a big target wasn’t on his back last week… then Trump made sure it’s on there now.

11 Likes

This rather covers it (but also apply to Twitter, Youtube):

14 Likes

Dear Twitter,

He’s trying to use Twitter to overthrow civilisation… and their response is that they won’t help him until tomorrow morning.

Even if they end up deleting his account, this moment right now should be carved in stone as their goddamn epitaph. There is literally nothing more to know about this company’s value to the world.

14 Likes

Sorry, Jack, like Loeffler it’s another case of too little too late. You’ve been an enabler-for-profit just like the rest of them, and no-one’s gonna forget that. Now piss off, Dorsey.

16 Likes

I was concerned for a bit, … but after the base/ base left the capitol,
and congress got back to work, this mini revolution ran it’s course~

The Great Orange Hypnotoad works his way.

Vald, Time’s “Man of the Year”.

Just checked Parler. It is an extremely dumbed down version of Breitbart, in Meme form, with added conspiracy nuttery.

So, not much has changed since last time I signed on. Oh, except people are calling for Pence to be arrested for Treason. That was fun to read.

4 Likes

One possibility.

Someone needed to take immediate action and Trump was incapable of doing it. They will get the paperwork sorted out tomorrow.

I would think that the scenario was set up in case of nuclear war, and the president being taken out in a surprise attack rather than this, but if it works then it works. I don’t trust Pence one bit, but it’s only for two weeks. Any Republican with functioning brain cells will be trying to not stand out right now.

9 Likes

Name three.

5 Likes