Twitter says it won't unlock NY Post's account until it deletes bogus Hunter Biden tweet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/28/twitter-says-it-wont-unlock-ny-posts-account-until-it-deletes-bogus-hunter-biden-tweet.html

2 Likes

I still don’t understand what is going on. What is the point of blocking a post if you can delete it and repost it?

What is the point of continuing to be banned if you refuse to take the simple steps to unlock your account? Though I suppose the press from having a banned account might be more useful than actually using Twitter.

16 Likes

But Twitter also says they then can post the exact same thing again and it will be fine? WTF?

11 Likes

So is Dorsey a good guy today?

6 Likes

Well, do keep in mind, Jack Dorsey is a neo nazi who doesn’t actually disagree with trumpian fascism.

Dorsey is just annoyed at trump for saying the quiet parts out loud, and for constantly using twitter to shit on twitter

20 Likes

Dorsey will never be a “good guy”. The best he can be is a bad guy who hurt another bad guy.

26 Likes

Rats eating each other. I hope both of their nests are burned with kerosene.

19 Likes

A tool, in other words.

22 Likes

Based on the twitter TOS, deleting the old tweet under old rules and retweeting under new rules would absolve them of wrongdoing in a lawsuit.

I get that boingboing doesn’t like the tweet - like Jack - but this dangerous territory

2 Likes

Why? Can’t any publisher decide what they don’t want to print?

12 Likes

Years ago, a newspaper declined to publish my letter to the editor. Dangerous territory.

14 Likes

This is what happens when some stupid tweeny-bopper app catering to the natural ADD inclinations of us humans ends up being the main source of news for 1/3 of the population of this country. Now get off my lawn. #thisisapoundsign #dontusethemotherwise #seehowthatgetsmessedup

5 Likes

#ThisIsntAPoundSign
#ItsReallyAnOctothorpe
#PedantPendant

11 Likes

“Dangerous territory” is basically all of Twitter in a nutshell.

12 Likes

But it is, though.

8 Likes

I’m sorry, what is dangerous territory?

3 Likes

It’s a freezing effect on peaches

5 Likes

Oh, I hope not.

♫ And all the beaches
Are filled with peaches
Who bring their 'ukes along… ♫

I’d hate to see them frozen. :scream:

3 Likes

The pound sign £ is the symbol for the pound sterling – the currency of the United Kingdom and previously of Great Britain and of the Kingdom of England. The same symbol is used for other currencies called pound, such as the Gibraltar pound, the Egyptian pound, and the Syrian pound.

The symbol # is known as the number sign, hash, or (in North American usage) *pound sign.

I looked it up because it bothered me that I had conflicting knowledge.

3 Likes

3 Likes