Two people arrested in stolen car containing rattlesnake, gun, booze, and uranium

My favorite part of the story is that he’s free and clear on the rattlesnake charges because he has a rattlesnake hunting license, and that apparently lets him keep a live rattlesnake in his possession at all times.

Not that I have a problem with this! You’ll pry my rattlesnake out of my cold dead hands, which should happen about half an hour after I pick up the rattlesnake.

17 Likes

There was that power vacuum when Cobra Commander took a sabbatical in order to berate Objectivist protagonists

7 Likes

Strangely I had almost the exact same thought, and I pictured a younger Nicolas Cage as the male half of the couple.

“I’m going to take these here huggies, this rattlesnake, this bottle of Deluxe, the radioactive powder, and all the money in your cash register.”

6 Likes

Was this car named…”the United States of America”?

8 Likes

Look, you can’t always wait around and hope a radioactive spider turns you into a superhero. Sometimes you have to go out and MAKE that shit HAPPEN.

20 Likes

Time to call in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Atomics and Reptiles.

14 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of the late Hal Needham teaming up with Crispin Glover, Tim Blake Nelson and Chris Cooper.

2 Likes

The Red Shark rides again!

Hunter-S-Thompson-2

18 Likes

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo

1 Like

Living their best lives, God bless 'em.

Truly, criminals are the worst among us when it comes to getting away with crime.

2 Likes

I was thinking ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’, but I can’t ‘see’ Raoul and Dr. Gonzo hauling uranium, so I’ll go with your Coen Bros. :slight_smile:

Got there before me! Damn me.

3 Likes

I think all of the above is involved in this clip

download

9 Likes

TIL that the Oklahoma state reptile Crotaphytus collaris is open season for year-round gathering, although there is a daily limit of six in possesion…

2 Likes

A ‘jumping the shark’ moment that wasn’t seen as such in the Gojira series.

2 Likes

Concealed or open-carry?

4 Likes

Is that a lizard in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

2 Likes

This sounds like one of those training exercises where it’s like, “OK, you’re going to be in such-and-such a situation. What four things would you most need to bring with you?”

3 Likes

Scavenger hunt, but somehow ‘urine’ became ‘uranium’. Shit happens. A canister of powdered urine? Sure, or uric acid crystals, just as good. Uranium is just an odd bonus.

1 Like

The rattlesnake is because cool, the gun is to protect themselves from the rattlesnake, and the booze and uranium are for Los Alamos Snakebites.

1 Like

Uranium???

8 Likes