Two people were rescued after falling into a tank of chocolate

Originally published at: Two people were rescued after falling into a tank of chocolate | Boing Boing

2 Likes

An airlift implies a serious injury, so out of respect for the victims I’ll refrain from posting an Augustus Gloop meme.

17 Likes

Hot candy is kitchen napalm.

20 Likes

Should you ever start reading the website posts you’ll see I was that insensitive. :frowning:

9 Likes

On arrival they were pronounced delicious

12 Likes

Per another article it sounds like the injuries might have been more fall-related than burn related. Apparently the vat was not very full.

8 Likes

Just a guess, but they might have been cleaning it when one fell in, and the other fell in trying to help them out. But hopefully both will recover soon.

9 Likes

But chocolate tempers at a fairly low temperature, especially compared to the temps needed for sugar work. I would think the greater danger was drowning, and scalding a close second, just due to the amount of exposure.

4 Likes

Implied challenge accepted.

8 Likes

Yeah, seems probable.

6 Likes

16 Likes

A friend of mine wants his obituary to read:
“Adam died yesterday after falling into a vat of whisky. Three men dove in to save him but he fought them off valiantly.”

(he may well have nicked that from somewhere.)

19 Likes

“It took him three hours to drown, but he had to get out twice to pee.”

17 Likes

It’s sounding more like a Billy Connolly thing, isn’t it?

7 Likes

It’s been floating around since Benny Hill days.

5 Likes

Knew it must have been nicked. Was a long time ago and prob the only time I knew him to be funny. My mate, that is, not Benny.

Ta.

2 Likes

do they mean another hole or…? either way, OUCH

3 Likes

Rescued from what?

1 Like

Sounds like one of those accidents that is more fun in the movies than in real life.

4 Likes

I dunno. It’s funny enough that I’m cacao-ling just a bit.

1 Like