Two weeks leave for assistant police chief who displayed Nazi insignia on office door

Originally published at: Two weeks leave for assistant police chief who displayed Nazi insignia on office door | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Two weeks. It just goes to show how deeply ingrained fascist sentiment is in American law enforcement.

34 Likes

But BOTH SIDES are bad! BOOOOOTTTHHH SSIIIIIIIIIIIIIDESS… /s

Star Trek Facepalm GIF

30 Likes

Yeah, 2 weeks definitely feels like a “hey man you broke the first rule of fight club” level punishment…

31 Likes

Do I want to know what happened to the detective who filed the complaint? I wonder how that workplace environment will change after the two weeks are over…
:grimacing:

33 Likes

The 7th tactic

17 Likes

This is why I really dislike when someone posts the “are we the baddies?” meme when some cop puts a Punisher logo on their cruiser. They know they’re the baddies. That’s the point.

23 Likes

Two weeks leave?

I did NAZI that coming.

25 Likes

When it comes to less overt symbols, I bet it doesn’t catch the eye/curiosity of most people. It doesn’t look nefarious. One might even assume it was some sort of US rank. This is how they get away with things. Same for police tattoos with hidden and not so hidden symbols. (If you think everyone should know all of the racists symbols, people don’t. I was helping a black friend design a character sheet for an RPG game he was working on. He wanted a symbol for one of the attributes, and sent me an image he found online. “Something likes this.” My reply was, “Well, that is the White Power cross, so we won’t be using that.” :confused: )

But now this begs for a investigation as to whether this was one Nazi in plain site, or if the department is infested. And why is this guy only getting two weeks? That’s a start to get him fired. :confused:

ETA: RTFA - “The investigation, conducted by an attorney at the Seattle law firm of Stokes Lawrence, concluded that Kammerzell’s claim that he didn’t know the significance of the insignia and had heard about it after being referred to the television series “Man in the High Castle” — where one of the main characters holds that rank — was not believable.” WTF?? That is your defense? Even if you became aware of the rank insignia from the show - that show is still full of Nazis!

13 Likes

I know, reich?

11 Likes

Tsk tsk! This is just one bad apple. It’s always been just-one-bad-apple. Thousands of one bad apples, all over the place, in every town! No need for concern citizen.

8 Likes

I had to click to check, but I am relieved that it is not paid leave.

9 Likes

12 Likes

Exactly; the bad cops and the cops that protect them.

7 Likes

Does he get no credit for not displaying the next highest rank, that of Reichsführer-SS Himmler?

3 Likes

Isn’t the point of The Man in the High Castle that they’re Nazis?

5 Likes

yeah… it’s PKDs counterfactual history where the axis powers won WW2.

1 Like

“BuT I dIdN’t KnOw ThEy WeRe NaZis!”

3 Likes

Why is it only considered “stolen valor” when it involves US military rank?

I don’t think that Nazi officers had much in the way of valor to steal.

2 Likes