Washington police chief who put Nazi insignia on his door and joked about the holocaust accepts $1.5 million to resign

Originally published at: Washington police chief who put Nazi insignia on his door and joked about the holocaust accepts $1.5 million to resign | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Watch conservatives and Libertarians who usually go on about the vital need for employers to be able to fire workers with or without cause bend themselves into pretzels to defend this situation.

16 Likes

I also would like to resign because litigation to remove me would cost more than 1.5 million dollars. Where do I sign up?

13 Likes

No choice, huh? It’s punch the Nazi, not pay the Nazi.

10 Likes
4 Likes

I’d rather pay the attorneys than the Nazi.

8 Likes

I call bullshit on attorneys costing $1.5 million. This is an employment case paying county government rates, not M&A. $250k tops for all levels of appeal.
Someone should do a public records request for attorney bills for similar cases.

4 Likes

Even if it were true that it would cost more in litigation than this payout does (honestly I have no idea), firing and refusing to pay until court-ordered to do so would be the right move. Otherwise this sets an obvious precedent that gross racism and hate will be rewarded.

5 Likes

Previously on BoingBoing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.