U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross says he doesn't "understand why" unpaid federal workers need money

Provided that it all doesn’t go into the toilet once 800,000 people default on their loans.

Save a bit to buy a new identity and then fake your death.

If they want to cheat to win, we need to be willing to cheat to win too.

ETA and that’s only assuming 800,000 people do this. If everyone did this, things could get very interesting very fast.

9 Likes

From replies : “Thoughts and prayers” lol

16 Likes

10 Likes

giphy%20(38)

9 Likes

Let them eat hamberders.

29 Likes

100% agree

2 Likes

How much hamberder could one make from Wilbur Ross? Asking for a friend…

6 Likes

Not a lot.
And I’m pretty sure it’d be really bad meat anyway.

9 Likes

Feed it to the pigs.

7 Likes

And get on the RSPCA’s hit list? Pass.

7 Likes

That’s not a hamberder anyone should eat.

4 Likes

It’s not always about the destination. Sometimes it’s about the journey.

7 Likes

Hamberders and covfefe, the diet of winners.

12 Likes

Yeah, uh, me too. Just kidding around. Anyway, guillotines are expensive to build and maintain.

À la lanterne!

8 Likes

That’s a bumper sticker for sure!

10 Likes

Guillotines are for after the masses have already stormed the present day equivalent of the Bastille and are in power.

When the shit finally does hit the fan, (after the food shortage and the resulting horrific riots) the average ‘citizen in revolt’ will use whatever weapons are at hand to go after their oppressors and their enablers.

13 Likes

Please lets not forget that federal contractors will get nothing, and at least here in the DC area, TONS of non-federal employess will be affected. Ridership is WAY down on the Metro System, and practically no one is buying lunches downtown. The Smithsonian Museums and the National Gallery, the Botanic Gardens, etc. are all closed so there are no tourist dollars either. The food trucks and small businesses are all getting hit with bills for their rent etc and with no end in sight, they could go out of business. Uber drivers and Lyft drivers are complaining that there’s far fewer rides, AND more unemployed feds driving for Uber and Lyft, so it’s even harder to find a fare. It would be good news if there were only 800,000 families affected, but in fact the number is far, far higher than that. Beyond my ability to estimate at any rate.

27 Likes

I’m guessing that the list of things Wilbur Ross doesn’t understand is a pretty long one

13 Likes

42 Likes

Right. First things first.

11 Likes