Trump admin to unpaid federal workers who can't make rent: beg, barter, and get a lawyer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/28/trump-admin-to-unpaid-federal.html

4 Likes

Man, I keep hoping one of these stupid-ass tweets ends up being his “let them eat cake” moment.

38 Likes

13 Likes

Ugh, I used to own some small apartment buildings and the last fucking thing I would want is a person with neither applicable skills nor a vested interest in the property doing maintenance.

41 Likes

Between this and the Santa call to the 7-year-old girl and the dead boy at the border, it looks like the orange Grinch has declared war on Christmas all by himself. Which would explain why Fox News has been silent on the issue this year.

If Il Douche or his miserable dad would have ever taken payment in kind from their tenants in labour, I have no doubt they’d screw them over in the same way they screwed over their other tradesmen.

30 Likes

I’m warming this up just for him.

21 Likes

56 Likes

Find me someone who managed to make that work in Fred Trump’s slumlord years.

41 Likes

…but first make sure that painting their lobby is acceptable payment for their advice!

31 Likes

I’d thought it was weird I wasn’t seeing all sorts of nonsensical links about it to F&F in my feed…

If it gets to that point again, I predict it will be even more gruesome this time around.

13 Likes

I mean … we are talking about the Coast Guard is not getting paid.

To Trump the actual people that guard our coasts are not as important as his Berlin Wall 2: The Concrete Boogaloo

34 Likes

“I don’t see what the big deal is, I stiff my creditors all the time and it never did me any harm.” —You Know Who

51 Likes

OPM… the wonderful agency I entrusted with all of my most sensitive/private information so that they could determine if I could be trusted. Who then promptly proved themselves not to be trustworthy in having any of that info b/c they can’t bother to properly secure their systems =(

17 Likes

But if they injure themselves trying to fix up the place, then they can sue their landlord and live off the fat of the land.

4 Likes

Lucky duckies!

16 Likes

Elysa Braunstein said their father made the diagnosis to gain access to the landlord and that she didn’t know if her father even examined the junior Trump.

“I know it was a favor,” Elysa Braunstein said.

“What he got was access to Fred Trump,” she told the Times. “If there was anything wrong in the building, my dad would call and Trump would take care of it immediately. That was the small favor that he got.”

35 Likes

I’m guessing (because I don’t have a personal attorney) that there is a law that says I can’t sue my Congressman or the President. I’d like to punch them in the nose, but then I’d probably have to hire a personal attorney.

Dear Trump

With Love.

23 Likes

A thing about this that makes me crazy (among several) is the assumption that painting and carpentry are something anyone can just do. Skilled labor is a concept most wealthy white collar types can’t grasp.

48 Likes

Not to mention the assumption that most ordinary people already have a personal attorney.

36 Likes