Trump admin to unpaid federal workers who can't make rent: beg, barter, and get a lawyer

I would be totally unsurprised if Trump didn’t start “dating” people by taking services in lieu of rent. No knowledge of this, just he seems that’s how he’d roll. Not that it’d be that “workable” for the person offering him services.

2 Likes

Of course Trump and all our elected Senators and Reps are still getting paid.

Not like many of them really hurt for rent money, mind you (ignoring the freshman class, that is.)

10 Likes

it’s like he’s picking off every last voter one-by-one

two years and he could vote himself out, maybe, people seem to forget stuff fast, I mean the day Bush was flown away from the whitehouse people were admitting the republicans couldn’t even sell dogfood anymore after the iraq/torture fiasco, etc. - now look where we are

4 Likes

3 Likes

“Cut a foot off the top of the blanket and sew it to the bottom for extra blanket gains” -style management there. Top notch.

17 Likes

Yoinked.

6 Likes

Maybe your boss can put you up till he puts you back to work?

22 Likes

The cycle of american conservatism:

1. See a functional thing the government does
  2. Break it
  3. Declare that the government could never fix it
  4. Pay themselves and their close friends and family to do the government’s job

5 literally profit from elected office.

44 Likes

those folks with the gofundme thing for the wall, they should use that money to help pay rents if they want trump to continue the shutdown

100% serious about that, facing eviction is a horrible thing, very scary, especially if you have kids, we’re all making fun of trump but these particular victims of his stupidity actually need some help asap

23 Likes

Can’t believe he didn’t actually suggest blowing the landlord.
I mean I really can see him making an obvious innuendo to offer sexual favors to landlord. Nothing could seem too low for this schmuck anymore.

Personally it seems better to urge creditors/landlords to be patient and lenient to the employees while they struggle through a rough situation they didn’t ask for.
Instead they present a list of ways to please m’lord until they are able to pay in full again with money.

10 Likes

Made an unplanned vacation-time log-in just to suggest that the furloughed team up to build guillotines. It would be a fun Maker project, and perhaps serve as a useful reminder to Trump administration officials that they are public servants, and to the administration’s corporate backers that there are worse things than tax hikes and regulation.

16 Likes

Barter a month’s rent in return for not painting the hallway.

“Nice hallway you got here. Shame if someone unskilled decorated it.”

33 Likes

Subsidies!

4 Likes

I don’t have a high opinion of OPM. I had to deal with them right before and as I was quitting my job at the DoD. I swear to god they are filled with incompetence.

3 Likes

Human Resources, regardless of the organization it’s attached to, is an unholy mix of malice and incompetence.

12 Likes

Fun times, this document shows a creation date of October 16, 2013, and that would be during Obama administration. While stupid and tasteless to release this, it doesn’t mean it was directly Trump or this administration related.

2 Likes

The first, last and only job of HR is to protect the company from liability.

It is a categorical mistake to think they are your friends or care about your career.

15 Likes

Yet, HR so often utterly fails at their One Job…

10 Likes

I just can’t get over how insulting the tone of the tweet is. I mean, addressing your employees as, “Feds”, and then going down hill from there.

3 Likes

OPM and DFAS thought I was still working at the DoD six months after my last day. . .

5 Likes