U.S. has most coronavirus cases in the world, 5 million and counting

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/08/the-u-s-has-the-most-coronavi.html

7 Likes

Trump (3… 2… 1…) “Fake news!”

13 Likes

This is awesome!!! Before long, we’ll have cornered the market in Coronavirus!

17 Likes

You’d think this was one of the shithole countries or something.

11 Likes

and as of yesterday, i’m officially one of them, yaaaaaay

34 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get past it okay.

24 Likes

Not that I think we’re doing well, but per capita, we’re not the worst:

4 Likes

That sucks. Best wishes and all.

Take care and try to stay human.

24 Likes

But heeeeeeey, who’s counting, amirite?!

:exploding_head:

Franko, take good care of yourself.

20 Likes

I believe the US is currently #10 in deaths per capita. A month from now though (i.e, another 25,000 dead) and the US will be eyeing a spot on the podium.

8 Likes

Very sorry to hear it. Try your best to take it easy.

19 Likes

Fuck; that’s awful.

Godspeed on recovery.

22 Likes

I see there’s a bit of a dip lately, since Trump ordered hospitals to NOT report cases to the CDC.

Should be close to ZERO very soon.

19 Likes

that was I was thinking of; reporting data trough HHS began july 16.

guess when the daily cases started to stall and then fall? sure, could be coincidence…hopefully it is.

11 Likes

Exactly! It’s like he was saying all along you know, the only reason they were doing so bad in the ratings is because they kept actually looking to see how they were doing! Blindfolds are much more effective than masks at stopping anyone from knowing if you’re sick or not.

8 Likes

They can’t even cook the books well.

8 Likes

we better develop our own vaccine, it’s going to suck having to pay another country for it.

1 Like

@Michael_R_Smith @lumbercartel @DiveGirl @ChuckV @Melizmatic – thank you all. the good news is that by the time i lost my sense of taste and smell (which triggered my getting a test), and by the time i got the results yesterday, i was already a week and a half into it and only had fleeting symptoms – which is to say, i may have completely lucked out and am only going through a mild case. tomorrow will be two weeks since my first symptom, and the average right now is 3-4 weeks for the worst of it for mild cases. i’m already able to smell some things again, and i’ve never had a fever since that first day. i’m optimistic, and i’m feeling SUPER fortunate so far.

53 Likes

I was surprised to learn from that article that US only is ranked 24th when it comes to CFR, and 9th when it comes to tests administered tests per capita.

1 Like

Glad to hear that Franko. We’ll keep our fingers crossed your recovery continues to go smoothly and you’ll be back to your normal smelling self soon.

15 Likes