Uber driver shares essential tips and tricks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/28/uber-driver-shares-essential-tips-and-tricks.html

1 Like

This part was surprising:

Another important tip is, ironically, to forget about tips. Passengers do not tip often, well, reliably, or in a predictable manner. Over the years, Uber has gone from encouraging passengers not to tip and pretending the tip was included to reluctantly adding a tip button to the screen.

Maybe it’s because I only use Lyft, where they’ve always had a tip button. And maybe it’s because I understand that adding a 20% tip along with the five stars is the least I can do for what is generally a good ride experience.

6 Likes

I like the idea of cash tips. It removes two middlemen, the credit card company and the ride"share" company.

Also, that essay was way shorter than I expected.

And also, though I realize a lot of these drivers are folks who are just trying to make a buck, I try to go with proper taxis if I can. Price is about the same nowadays and the drivers are professionals, licensed, etc. Although, many times the cabs can be ratty compared to those personal vehicles.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.