UK Chancellor: I must cut tax benefits for working poor to help them

Why can’t he do it himself, after he has been crippled and found fit for work?

1 Like

This is so unnecessary. I am much nastier than you so I would just lock Gove and his wife in a room with Osborne, May, Fox and Hunt. For added nastiness I would give them all a computer connected to Twitter, but although they would be able to see their posts, nobody else would.
Oh, and I’d feed them a diet of muesli, brown rice and soya meat substitute. But in deference to their desire to bring US policies over here, I would allow them unlimited supplies of Coca-Cola.

1 Like

Perry has a great K-2 program, but yeah, the rest of the schools in the district underperform compared to the charters, which greatly underperform Saline, Ann Arbor and Dexter schools. It’s truly in just about the worst area of Washtenaw County. The playground is in a courtyard in the center of the school building for actual, not perceived, safety reasons. Yes, the district is not as poor as the district the governor forced it to combine with, but “poor” compared to Ann Arbor next door. We’re in the district, but because schools of choice, there aren’t very many kids in my neighborhood that attend school here. Mine included. Test scores will probably keep dropping for a while as a result.

A bit OT, but it’s hard not to comment on things in your neck of the woods.

1 Like

Interest rates are essentially zero and inflation is actually dropping.

That is just one way in which the US/EU economies as of 2015 are not particularly comparable to Weimar Germany.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.