UK exit poll suggests Labour landslide

Labour vote is dead flat, Tory vote collapses, goes mainly to reform. That’s the pattern here.

13 Likes

The only consolation i’ll get from tonight is seeing some big Tory names losing their seats.

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

12 Likes

Joanna Cherry might have lost her seat too. I’ll celebrate every TER who loses.

16 Likes

“I think the Conservative Party took its core vote for granted which is why you see so many people who may have voted for Conservative previously going off to Reform.”

Translation: “The party didn’t pander enough to racists, and having one of those brown chaps as party leader didn’t help, either. Now let me get back to my bid for leadership by promising to build a wall in the Channel. Don’t worry about the finances – the French will pay for it.”

This tr0lling toff – a Medvedev in search of a Putin – is already preparing for a Tory merger with the fascists.

Farage’s Nazis getting even one seat is bad news, but I’ll still take the Conservatives collapsing like a pile of rotten gammons as a win.

19 Likes

Labour gain! Conservatives lose Swindon South, Reform in third place.

13 Likes

6 Likes

Washington and Gateshead. Another Labour hold. Reform second again. Another north east England seat.

9 Likes

proven innocent madeline scott GIF by Fox TV

Silver lining to tory-lite winning big, I guess… Of course, it seems like tory-lite is bringing along their own crop of TERs… :rage: I wish we all had better options…

11 Likes

John Curtice Says that Reform are actually undershooting the exit poll numbers so far:

11 Likes

Indeed. But quote of the night so far is on Channel 4. Alastair Campbell saying to Nadine Dorries “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Nadine. And I don’t think you do either.

(Alastair Campbell’s Diary page in this week’s New European included this:

On election night, my all-nighter will be in the Channel 4 studio, where Rory Stewart and I will be giving our analysis as the results come in.

I do hope you will join us. Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Emily Maitlis will be hosting, and a wide array of really excellent guests are lined up to join us through the night. Oh, and Nadine Dorries. That may have to be when I go for a pee.

After all, I thought the whole point of getting me and Rory involved was that it was time to get serious about politics again, and I am afraid that someone who continues to think Boris Johnson was a great prime minister, and indeed that he should never have left, simply does not fall into that category.)

13 Likes

My guess is that turnout will be lower across the board simply because the media have been saying for weeks that the result is a foregone conclusion.

7 Likes

9 Likes

Newcastle central. Labour win, but down as a couple of Independents eat into the vote

Reform second, Greens and Independent keep their deposits.

7 Likes

All evening Dorries has been proving, yet again, that she knows less than nothing about pretty much everything. Everyone else on the programme be like…

eric fanning page GIF

10 Likes

That Conservative was Robert Buckland, a former government minister. Yaaaay!

6 Likes

… but how does that work exactly

Season 17 Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

7 Likes

That, and the genuine left wing are pissed off with Labour.

9 Likes

Some wag over in production chose the right picture of Farage for that graphic.

I love how unhinged he looks. The lucky 13 certainly helps.

6 Likes

Anna Soubry - Tory ex-MP, who was vocally pro-Remain and ended up at odds with most of her party before leaving Parliament a while back, has the almost perfect description of Farage. She said that Farage “looks like somebody has put their finger up his bottom and he really rather likes it”.

I almost like her for that superbly accurate observation. (But she’s a Tory, albeit not a Brexit headbanger, but a Tory, so … nah.)

14 Likes

More Curtice analysis :

5 Likes