UK exit poll suggests Labour landslide

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/04/uk-exit-poll-suggests-labour-landslide-but-not-quite-as-large-as-expected.html

11 Likes

Sesame Street Idk GIF

7 Likes

Great Job GIF by HockeyDiversityAlliance

12 Likes

I’m not British, but AFAICT this is very much a victory, and a good thing to happen.

9 Likes

I fear Starmer as much as I feared the Tories.

I have two years of articles like this, if you really want me to continue.

This ex-Labour party member will remain an ex-Labour party member.

31 Likes

I jumped off the Labour wagon a long time ago when i saw them moving ever closer to authoritarianism so crap like this just leaves me with no regrets.

17 Likes

Egad, Starmer collected all the chaos emeralds…

10 Likes

This is absolutely not seeing him go down. It is seeing the right rise. They have no MPs now, and to get any is a very worrying sign. The permanent gloat of Farage if he wins his seat (the 8th time he has tried to win a seat, having failed 7 times before) will be almost intolerable. If there are 12 of his fascist buddies in Parliament with him, it will be a fucking disaster. They will get publicity, credibility, and a real national presence to build from.

ETA - with more than 6 seats Reform would get public money to run its party and operate in Parliament.

16 Likes

Getting rid of the Conservatives is good, now they just need to also get rid of Labour and then the UK can maybe start work on being a decent country.

14 Likes

The 13 fascists are worrying

15 Likes

First seat. Labour hold Sunderland south. Reform second and Tories third.

Not to read too much into it, but that’s worrying.

Turnout is low- also not good.

8 Likes

These are actually more seats than were projected for them. So nothing to celebrate.

6 Likes

Second result - Blyth, also in north east England.
Another Labour hold. Reform second again. Fucking fascists are doing too well.

10 Likes

It’s a new seat, but turnout is also down there compared to the last election.

8 Likes

Now he just needs a glove…

2 Likes

You know what? Just as long as The Count (Campaigns: General election 2024 — Count Binface) beats that fecking blagger sunak in his own constituency, I’ll be happy.

12 Likes

7 Likes

Coverage on all the major channels is just wall-to-wall idiots spinning nothing into bullshit as we wait for the next results to come in.

6 Likes

Labour hold Sunderland Central, Reform in second place.

This is in Brexit Country, but it doesn’t look good.

Turnout is down again

10 Likes

No, it’s bloody depressing to see so many people falling for the grift.

10 Likes