UK government accidentally includes Scarfolk poster endorsing culls of rabid children in official publication

What ammo are they talking about?

1 Like

That sounds disturbingly like my head canon for Peanuts.

2 Likes

I don’t know who are the creative and demented minds behind Scarfolk, but reading one of their books in my library always makes me LOL and chuckle for awhile. Thanks!

2 Likes

And in more Scarfolk news… There is a TV show in the works!

12 Likes

The intro and outro bumper better be a variation on this:

5 Likes

That image has been spooking people out since the 70s, they should totally use it, along with that horrible single-tone BEEEEEEEE noise.

Ah, not-really fond memories…

6 Likes

11 Likes

In the name of all that is good on this Earth, please no…

[thanks a lot. I took the test and, while I thought I was safe for a few seconds, am now cursed by Old Chattox]

2 Likes

Finally, something worthy of sitting next “look around you” and “wonder showzen” on my non-existent shelf of DVDs!

2 Likes

Day made.

Check out the UK web archives at the BL and see if they have an earlier version.

I thought “For more information please reread.” was a cracker of a line!

3 Likes

The BBC claims that the government have admitted the mistake:

A Cabinet Office spokeswoman said: “This image is a parody of 1970s public information campaigns and was mistakenly used in a publication for illustrative purposes.”

2 Likes

Next, the Tory government considers Jonathan Swift’s modest proposal.

Bravo!

Bo-oring, but absolutely correct: it would be much easier to fake a report of this then to get a Scarfolk poster onto an actual Government publication. We ought to question everything, and not just the things we disagree with.

Happily, it seems it may be real.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.