UK intel officials raid Guardian offices, destroy hard drives with Snowden docs

From the Intelligence communities viewpoint, even an immediate, complete disclosure of the Snowden material is a small price to pay in return for swift end to the discussion and discrediting the whistle-blowers.

Errmm… I agreed with just about everything you had to say until you got to that part. I think you vastly underestimate the loss in money (which is more precious than life itself) to these guys and their lackeys should there be a full disclosure of the insurance files among many other “issues” that’ll result.

If the powers that be weren’t truly concerned with Snowden’s full payload, they would’ve “called his bluff” a long time ago.

There were posters here on Boing Boing a while ago (where’d they go, by the way?) that kept telling me and everyone else over and over again that Putin was going to hand over Snowden for various reasons.

One of the reasons they gave for Russia to hand over Snowden was supposed to be because Snowden’s dead man’s switch (DeathMonkey) wasn’t feared by international leaders…

They do. They care. :japanese_ogre:

They really shouldn’t jab a stick into an already angry killer bee hive — Just sayin’.