UK Prime Minister's creepy top advisor suddenly quits

I think that was the plan, but the Tories didn’t realise the the Commonwealth weren’t going to welcome their colonisers with open arms now that we weren’t an easy way to trade with the EU anymore.

19 Likes

Shout at them.
Leave.
Demand to come back on better terms.
Sulk.

Yep, every relationship that goes like that is fucked, doubly so if you also claim “I did everything I could,” and mean it.

16 Likes

By trying everything i meant the UK has tried blackmail, divide and conquer, back deals, threats of breaking international law, threats to the republic of ireland, threats to go to war with spain and in general making unreasonable demands because “excepcionalism”

And by not moving much I meant the EU is offering in 2020 what they offered in the slide Mr Barnier showed in 2016, from norway style agreement to WTO rules, UK choice with a side of consequences

I am a remainer but I see my comment could have been misunderstood. The EU is of course right in not moving much to accomodate a former member that has negotiated in bad faith from day one

22 Likes

I tried, but noooooooo, they wouldn’t let me. To be fair, I would have stopped at the “off” part.

4 Likes

Just in case you haven’t seen it - Specsavers is hiring in…

10 Likes

Actually we were dealt a 2, a 7, one for a 24-hour taxi business card and a slightly-soiled Blockbuster card.

6 Likes

The Tories had hoped to cheat, but the EU told them that Mr Bun the Baker had no value in poker.

5 Likes

The Unbrexit starts

2 Likes

Nothing adding further information to what has already been posted, really - but I do like the picture.

13 Likes

Yeah, last time it got us Ms Thatcher :frowning:

1 Like

I hope he got the full cashiering ceremony before he left.

5 Likes

The copper is making sure the door hits him on the way out.

1 Like

“There is no such thing as society” was the ultimate “well actually” of its time

Now it’s “There is no such thing as Europe”

4 Likes

“There are only selfish assholes” seems to be the cry of the Tories… or maybe it’s “I’m a selfish asshole, why aren’t you”?

2 Likes

Well, they’re currently trying to turn it off… so we’ll have to wait and see.

2 Likes

Everything except actually recognising reality and doing some sensible reality-based negotiation.

7 Likes

“But the EU needs us more than we need them”, said nobody with Britain’s actual interests in mind.

4 Likes

…or more than two brain cells to rub together.

3 Likes

Trump and Brexit were always one and the same but Trump losing the election has really scuppered de Pfeffel’s plans so he’ll cave and accept whatever terms the EU give and say thank you like a good boy. He’ll probably step down some time next year anyway when the wheels of this clown car finally come off.

5 Likes

Looking from a distance I always thought he was all I hate about academic wankers and then I watched “Brexit: The Uncivil War” on Netflix and I have to say I still have a hatred of academic planners/strategists/thinkers I did warm to his way of doing things and if you take his way of working to its extreme then it would probably remove the need for politics in the way it is currently run.