UK spies cooperated in torture, didn't want to upset US spies

[Permalink]

found that British spies did not speak out against torture because they didn’t want to offend the CIA.

Well would you want to offend them? Those motherfuckers torture people.

14 Likes

Oh the British, always so polite.

1 Like

No need to be rude and torture citizens without a fair trial. British spies also neglected to tell Americans when they had blood on their ties and spinach in their teeth.

2 Likes

“Diplomacy is the art of saying ‘Nice doggie’ until you can find a rock.”

There is a compelling reason to be polite to dangerous people, until they turn their back, at which point you have a humanitarian obligation to shoot them.

5 Likes

Except the home secretary, of course.

“Wanda, do you have any idea what it’s like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone, ‘Are you married?’ and hearing, ’ My wife left me this morning,’ or saying, uh, ’ Do you have children?’ and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Wanda, we’re all terrified of embarrassment. That’s why we’re so - dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know; we’ve these piles of corpses to dinner.”

4 Likes

Word is the CIA’s practices have something to do with ken’s stutter.

1 Like

Does a stint as Home Secretary change people? Are certain kinds of of people attracted to the job?

Was Theresa May always like this?

Yes. Yes. Don’t know.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.