Ukraine post office asked for stamp designs that show "Ukrainians' determination to defend their land." Here are the top submissions

Originally published at: Ukraine post office asked for stamp designs that show "Ukrainians' determination to defend their land." Here are the top submissions | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I think this was designed as a political cartoon rather than a stamp but I think anyone who has lived in a house with young children can appreciate the symbolism.

46 Likes

Man, I hope that middle finger lighthouse wins, it’s perfect.

38 Likes

:star_struck::ukraine::star_struck:
Vladimir Putin Peace GIF by pinotti

20 Likes

100%. This would be, by far, the greatest postage stamp of a bird ever printed.

23 Likes

It’s intended as a fundraising poster for humanitarian aid for Ukraine. It’s by Pawel Jonca, a Polish illustrator. Look up his website and donate if you can.

17 Likes

i love how so many people used (sometimes very subtle) takes on the middle finger. but i wanted more use of the Ukrainian flag colors in conjunction with that as the overriding message, so as a result, none of the designs work perfectly for me. but if pressed to choose one, the one used for the header image is great.

6 Likes

Something with sunflowers emerging from Putin’s open mouth, perhaps…

10 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: And Whatabout Your Black People…?

And the winner is:

6 Likes

Next up: somebody needs to design a “condolences on your failed invasion” sympathy card which we can send to Vlad using these stamps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.