Ukrainian airline offering aerial tours of Chernobyl

Originally published at: Ukrainian airline offering aerial tours of Chernobyl | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I hope it flies directly over the exposed core like the scene with the helicopter in the HBO series

3 Likes

“Get out of here, stalker!”

1 Like

Favorite line from their website:
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 6.43.55 PM

8 Likes

Do you fix nuclear reactors?

ETA: Nuked now, but the first post was a spammer advertising appliance repair services.

5 Likes

Specifically RMBK reactors? None of that safe thorium reactor mumbo-jumbo.

6 Likes

Chernobyl is interesting and all that, but I’d really love to see this in person:

The sheer scale of that thing boggles my mind.

9 Likes

I use essential oils and crystals to mitigate the radiation. Don’t laugh, it works, almost always, last I checked.

11 Likes

I mean in all honesty the radiation from the the sun is probably the higher risk than the radiation from the reactor. But that is PR gold.

3 Likes

Yeah, those RMBKs got rhythm!

11 Likes

As my background is in civil engineering/structural design, I would love to see the NSC up close.

15 Likes

The closest I got was the Chernobyl museum in Kyiv. I didn’t have time to drive out but a plane trip might change the equation for another day.

1 Like

4 Likes

I thought everyone knew that Chernobyl was an unfortunate accident involving red mercury.

2 Likes

rbmk

1 Like

For a closer view…

2 Likes

glowing mr burns GIF

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.