(Un)Happy World Goth Day!

9 Likes

Emo’s NOT goth!

Also…

10 Likes

6 Likes

Black shirt and black jeans here. Hides the dirt from a week’s work.

And yeah, because black.

ETA– Some modern dark country for your eardrums:

Antic Clay, ‘Broken Throat Blues’

Lindi Ortega, ‘Murder of Crows’

9 Likes

Do you want to get flagged? Cause this is how you get flagged!

Also…

8 Likes

It is too sunny in the the pacific northwest today. I do have on my black aloha shirt though. Also like punk, goth is all in the mind and my mind is so very very very dark.

8 Likes

dont-know-me-girl

6 Likes

Why Sarah Vowell is my ultimate crush.

When I was pondering a good goth name for myself, I paged through my reference books on death and dying, looking for something gruesome. But nothing felt right. Maybe it’s because I came of age in the '80s and I’ve seen Blue Velvet too many times, but to me, the really frightening stuff has nothing to do with ravens and rats. The truly sordid has a sunny, WASP-y glow. Therefore, I tell them, the most perverse name I can think of is “Becky.”

5 Likes

Already posted one Gothic Archies song today (and not even knowing what today was!) and while I’m tempted to post another, I think this morning news interview snippet with the unrecovered goth Stephin Merritt and his obsidian heart is every bit as memorable as the earworms from Tragic Treasury:

4 Likes

8 Likes

beetle-guise-lydia-gosh

7 Likes

Ok, I think I’ve got it now…

6 Likes

If @Mindysan33 doesn’t flag this, I will.

5 Likes

Flagged!

heavenlycreatures

6 Likes

Shall I make it disappear? :smiling_imp:

[edit] Mwah haaa haaaaaa!

4 Likes

I dunno! Should we give @ChuckV a chance to revise his post?

2 Likes

He’ll get his chance, but our replies will go “poof”. In the long run, it’ll be worth it.

3 Likes

Is that Harsh Looks?
Ew, he puts the “you know what” in Country.

4 Likes
7 Likes

This thread needs some goth drag:

­

12 Likes