"Unable to concede"

I don’t usually talk about it, but I am a BBS rear admiral, commodore, and captain, just to mention a few.

10 Likes

Not customary to hold three ranks in the same service. Who else are you working for???

7 Likes

I have the badges. Mine not to question why.

(I was responding to @FGD135’s post about service medals.)

5 Likes

Some people simply cannot wrap their minds around the concept that not everything in life is Zero-Sum. Their thinking is terminally binary; loss or win, yes or no, one or zero.

15 Likes

I’m not sure how Flynn can be emblematic of a generation he’s not part of. At 61 he’s several generations removed from kids - perhaps he’s emblematic of people his and Trump’s age.

Though that’s casting stones at myself. As always - broad generational characterizations seem inadequate to cover all the people, ages, races, classes, genders and other orientations. No idea how a generational definition can cover a rich, straight white guy in Alabama and a poor queer woman in India.

11 Likes

Being exceedingly generous*, I think the point that person was trying to make is that these antics set a bad example for the younger generations.

*It is almost XMas, after all.

9 Likes

You are indeed filled with the spirit- no visitations in your future!

8 Likes

Good to know!

10 Likes

On my list for next week!

Along with The Lion in Winter and

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.