Unboxing the world's cheapest pickup truck, just $2,000 on Alibaba

As a recent article in The Autopian points out:

so this little truck can make that claim just as legitimately as the stupid Tesla.

12 Likes

So they’re as powerful as Cybertrucks! (According to Tesla’s criteria…) If the little trucks have working windshield wipers, they’ve even got one up on the Cybertruck! Thinking about it, really they’re more serious vehicles than the Cybertruck, because they actually expect people to drive them…

3 Likes

PS is German (PferdStarke), not quite the same as Imperial horsepower.

3 Likes

Remove the rear window and sit in the pickup bed.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

6 Likes

I assume that if you get in any kind of an accident with this thing, it – and you – will be crushed into a raisin.

1 Like

Pferdestärke.

DIN 66036 defines one metric horsepower as the power to raise a mass of 75 kilograms against the Earth’s gravitational force over a distance of one metre in one second.
In 1972, the PS was replaced by the kilowatt as the official power-measuring unit in EEC directives.

5 Likes

Call the tow truck!

18 Likes

Which equates to, perhaps more usefully, 735W (traditional horsepower being 746W).

It also specifies that the motor’s power is 1500W. For comparison, a 50cc Piaggio Ape peaks at 1900W (and has a similar max speed of 38km/h).

1 Like

Now we need American style pickup truck ads for this, complete with graphics and bold steel block letter graphics, heavy clanking percussion sounds, low angle camera shots of a sweaty muscular dude in a cowboy hat throwing a bale of hay into the bed (provided it fits, of course). And the Dodge Trucks Manly Men’s Chorus chanting the tag line, “CHANGLI TRUCKS ARE CHANG TOUGH!”

8 Likes

You forgot just one thing:

ETA: Ok, two things.

7 Likes

It’s great, as long as it’s not exposed to water.

2 Likes

31 Likes

it doesn’t sound like it could do highway driving, so i’d guess it’s in the same general category - deathwise - as scooters, bicycles, and feet

maybe make residential roads into a shorter form of the 8’10" bridge: you have to be this tall to enter

( did i win at bridge bingo? every road in america needs to be the same max height. problem solved! )

3 Likes

Any youtuber who can get their parents involved in their productions is great by me. Patrick H Willems is a great example.

3 Likes

There are already some communities in the US that use golf carts for most day-to-day transportation. Unfortunately the best known of these, the Villages retirement community in Florida, is not a place I’d ever want to live. But maybe as far as transportation goes other places can take some notes from them.

7 Likes

And that’s the kind of place that reasonably should be more compact and have public transportation…

2 Likes

you think those idiots in the Villages would be caught dead in a Chinese! electric mini-truck?! even with tRump stickers and flags adorning it it would be a no-go with that type.

3 Likes

Still, if they can take advantage, they will. We have a gasoline-powered scooter rider in San Ysidro who rides a conspicuously non-'Murican brand scooter adorned with 'Murican and Trump flags, and a helmet styled after German WWII toppers. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

the-prisoner-applause-el-prisionero-aplauso

3 Likes

5k+ for a golf cart?

There are all sorts of fun stuff on alibaba. How about this track-based remote controlled mini-snow plow :slight_smile: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Self-Propelled-Remote-Control-Robot-Gas_1600629115965.html

2 Likes