Unboxing video of a phone that's as hideously ugly as it is expensive

There is something very sad about this type of economic aspiration. It says “I grew up so caged by poverty that I never learned the concept of being able to afford something but choosing not to”; but it is also an explicit “fuck you” to anyone who is still in that position. It’s, like, a celebration of the power of money to turn people into spiritual husks.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m aware. But somehow I don’t really picture him as a desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet tweeting kind of guy. I picture him as the kind of guy that will lie about using a phone. And a person who would usually tweet from the toilet.

1 Like

Doesn’t Russia have a reputation for bold use of exotic poisons? I’m guessing this is the kind that is a bit dangerous even at ambient concentrations rather than the warm cuddly sort…

1 Like

Can we call then fauxligarchs?

2 Likes

The economics of high-tech luxury products are as you describe. I can talk about luxury watches. Their interior is quite often built at this factory:

Most watch luxury brands are specialized in building a luxury case and, in some cases, in modifying the movement. They may add engravings, use a CNC cutter to craft some non-mechanic parts. In some case, they add “complications”, meaning some extra mechanisms (e.g. to show phases of the moon, or a tourbillon, etc…). But they start from a standard “ébauche”. They don’t build the complete watch from scratch.

3 Likes

Sparkly! Me want!

It’s a less-expensive alternative to fresh masculinity except you find it in the frozen section and have to mix it with three cans of water.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.