Understand: The esoteric criminal sentencing that mobilized Oregon's Cowliphate

That’s the hypocrisy I had in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t think of an example of successful armed resistance in the US by any type of human. Not since the Revolution, anyway.

The Bundy family matriarch was a bit remiss when it came
to homeschooling the boys about the U.S. Constitution.

What about it did you find properly unreadable? I read it, and aside from the quotes of the actual legal findings (from courts and such), I found it quite readable and understandable.

And “expediency”, when it comes to being tried for crimes, only generally refers to the amount of time that it takes for you to get to trial, doesn’t it? Not the amount of time that it takes for the trial to take place. If that was the case, then defense lawyers could drag cases on and on and on, in the hopes of then getting it thrown out on that basis. And what about the appeal do you deem as violating any sort of notions of “fairness”?

That is a little like blaming the gov’t for the frotbite the armed insurrectionists will be getting this winter.

I believe your understanding is incorrect. The linked popehat article goes into more detail, but the upshot is that the plea agreement was for the mandatory minimum for each charge they were convicted of, but to be served concurrently instead of consecutively (there was a guilty verdict on several counts of arson, etc). So, they had already agreed to serve the five years and then the judge threw out the mandatory minimum and turned it into 1yr and 6 months, respectively.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.