Unexplained Encounters is podcast about creepy, interesting, and (supposedly) real stories

Originally published at: Unexplained Encounters is podcast about creepy, interesting, and (supposedly) real stories | Boing Boing

2 Likes

There’s also the British “Unexplained” which tends to do multipart stories about unusual encounters and strange stories. Definitely worth a listen:

1 Like

I was once in a small town near the water.
Tide came in, Tide went out. You can’t explain that.

4 Likes

The first season of Radio Rental is great. Best episode is “Laura of the Woods.”

Seen here in archival footage
cybergoth-dancing

1 Like

Can anyone recommend a good podcatcher software which lets you plug in a podcast site, and then download all the episodes in one go?

Things seem to be needlessly manual these days when it comes to podcasts. I’m about to dig up an old powershell script I wrote for the purpose, but that still requires me to take an extra few steps to even find the goddamned RSS URI.

If you are wondering, yes the kids need to say off my lawn.

I use Pocket casts, mostly because it is available on iOS. Android, Windows and Web and keeps track of subscriptions and episode progress across all of them.

It will only download 100 episodes at a time though. It will let you keep hitting the download button again until you get them all.

Oh, and the web version is streaming only, does not download locally ever at all.

Was thinking about creating a topic something like “Whatcha Poddin’” for the community to exchange podcast recommendation and info like this. The question is, if that a good title for it, or too confusing?

Whatcha Podin’ ?
Whatcha (Pod)Catchin’ ?
Whatcha Catchin’ ? (no…COVID…too soon)
Excuse me, might I trouble you to ask what you are listening to on your “Pod” device? actually…probably the best one

2 Likes

Nah, it’s good!

I looked at Pocket Casts. I actually am annoyed enough at silly limitations like this:

It will only download 100 episodes at a time though. It will let you keep hitting the download button again until you get them all.

I may still go the powershell route. It probably will be a half hour or an hour, but I’ll be able to always make sure it does exactly what I want.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.