Unexplosive hanging loudspeakers

[Permalink]

Mechanic-Somebody set up us the bomb.
Operator-Main screen turn on.
CATS-All your base are belong to us.
CATS-You have no chance to survive make your time.
Captain- Move ‘ZIG’.
Captain-For great justice!

2 Likes

(edit: post withdrawn by author because it was flagged as spam. Granted, it looked like spam (quite accidentally, I assure you) but it most definitely was not.)

(and I’ve still got the site bookmarked, so there!)

2 Likes

What you say!!!

2 Likes

What is the problem? When I look for loudspeaker hangers, “unexplosive” is one of the key things that I want! You do not know how annoying it is when the music hits a sudden bass drum note, and BANG. That only has to happen ONCE and you will want the kind that does not explode too.

6 Likes

Just to point out “unexplosive” probably means “approved for use in explosive atmospheres” such as grain silos or coal mines.

3 Likes

That sounds better than my theory, that “unexplosive” meant the sound comes from a single point source.

Maybe Racter found a job as copy-writer for the site.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Best mis-translation I’ve ever seen was on a pack of French Ticklers from South Korea, which would arouse women “without causing frigidity or revulsion.”

The irony, of course, is that the ticklers looked like latex penises with a variety of bizarre tumors.

2 Likes

Dammit! I wanted explosive loudspeakers, not unexplosive! Now I have to start my search all over again. Disappointed.

“Ocular understanding” can go a long way when it comes to explosive-challenged audio equipment.

Some of the stuff in the description…

"Many fields, supernatural steel hoist fittings "
“Snide MOTOR MANAGEMENT MODULE”
“DEPA morality handkerchief diaphragm pump pump”
“Wrestler’s happy air cylinder”
“The American sesame frequency conversion compressor”

3 Likes

Reminds me of this classic, a bizarrely translated data sheet for an ethernet switch (last item on page).

Crazy English aside, there also seems to be an element of “we’re a real company, I swear!”

1 Like

(What’s So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Ocular Understanding

BANG, all your bass are belong to us.

5 Likes

Jim L. was confused by WordWeb’s license agreement…

That’s because the WordWeb license rewards those who don’t contribute to global warming,

1 Like

It’s unusual but makes perfect sense if you think about it. I kind of miss these eccentric one-person-software-team licenses from the shareware era, from ‘beerware’ to ‘send me a picture of what you accomplish with this’. Those were sometimes sweet or funny or surprisingly personal.

Nowadays there’s no reason at all to try and read anything before clicking ‘whatever, go away’ (this era’s big lie).

Funny typo though it first appears, this type of loudspeaker/klaxon is critical in the petroleum/gas industries, and anywhere there might be flammable stuff in the same area that it’s going to be using to warn you about stuff.

You really do NOT want your klaxons and other warning sounds in a natural gas mining operation to be capable of igniting the gas leak that they are warning you about. During a leak, you can perhaps shut down power to all other systems, but the safety systems (audio and lighting) absolutely have to continue to be powered, so all components of that power system, including inputs and outputs (switches, speakers, lights…) need to be protected against arcing. Or protected from the gas reaching any arcing that might occur. Or both.

2 Likes