๐ŸŒˆ Unicorn Chasers 3 ๐ŸŒˆ

Alsoโ€ฆ happy cake day!

Happy Birthday Love GIF

13 Likes

Just looking at flowers works well during the day, when they are trying to attract pollinators with their lovely bright colors. But that doesnโ€™t really help with bats. So that one petal that points up here? I understand the way it is curved acts as a reflector dish, so it shows up nice and bright on their sonar. Itโ€™s really meant to listen to. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I thought it was really cool to learn that the megabats, the flying foxes, donโ€™t have echolocation. I had no idea, or had completely forgotten. They hunt fruit and flowers by sight. :smiley:

ETA: The tube-nosed batsโ€™ nosie tubes even have bi-directional scenting ability.

12 Likes
18 Likes

Awww! Da belly!

11 Likes

20 Likes

Communing with Salvador Daliโ€™s ghost?

13 Likes

Or maybe Picasso, or Georges Braque?

13 Likes

20 Likes

โ€œWhat even are cats?!โ€

12 Likes

What is that?
Which tropical hellscape do I have to go to catch a glimpse of one?

5 Likes

Kinkajou, Central/South America.

Donโ€™t feed them if you ever see them in person.

13 Likes

Hmmm :thinking:

80S Wow GIF

But really, they are so cute. With long tongues!

Edit to add: San Diego Zoo says the long tongue helps them get all the nectar out of flowers and honey from bee hives! They stick their tongue in bee hives!

https://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/kinkajou

16 Likes

At the very end is a hand, perhaps reaching for the belly!

4 Likes

Brand new liโ€™l Goth adorababies!

16 Likes

:flushed: tho I shouldnโ€™t be surprised. Sea creatures are often cute and gorgeous. Everyone should post their favs
I love sea slugs

Edits.because the cute panda skeletons are sea squirts and not slugs.

18 Likes

Those were sea squirts, though. Not related to slugsโ€ฆactually right next to us vertebrates, except they give up all the swimming anatomy when they settle down to become filter feeders. Though sea slugs often do take their colors from prey, sea squirts included.

11 Likes

This what I get for watching the video on mute :joy: corrected

10 Likes

They say panda, I say raccoon!

13 Likes

20 Likes