🌈 Unicorn Chasers 🌈 (Part 1)

You know, watching videos like that, it is easy to forget they breathe oxygen. How amazing their specialization, that they can sleep while basically being unable to breathe, in an environment that they could conceivably down.

So beautifully peaceful, too. Just lovely.

9 Likes

Yep! I got curious and looked this up: They sleep 7% of the day, and they can hold their breath for ~90 minutes max, although the 7% sleep is broken up into a few naps during the day. Big lungs, right? I wonder though if their bodies are geared to use their oxygen supply with unusual efficiency; no idea.

5 Likes

Tree bien!

5 Likes

21 Likes

Just a brief aside. I am so amazed with this “game”.

It isn’t a game, at all. It’s more of a medium for people to anonymously write letters, expressing their frustrations and problems and getting kind replies and help back from the community. I thought it would be packed full with trolls, but from my experience and the folks who leave comments, it seems refreshingly positive and compassionate.

Just a suggestion for folks who are looking for an outlet. It has been helpful to me.

10 Likes
22 Likes

:rofl:

21 Likes

13 Likes
17 Likes

What happened to the Unicorn/Bolero vid? Just disappeared… poof.

4 Likes

The first one auto played into it for me but I can put it back. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That would be quite noice. :smile_cat:

Thanks! Toyah & Fripp are wonderfully mad! (I’ll need to decipher the veggies and such in the foreground.)

4 Likes

More efficient for fitting them into a stolen Klingon Bird-of-Prey? :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Yes. Still need transparent aluminum, though. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

19 Likes

No good data here either on tongue-rolling in cats. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_rolling

3 Likes

21 Likes

When pet grooming and topiary skills intersect.

13 Likes

I’ve heard (grain of salt and all) that cats melm in general as part of their olfactory response, using their tongues to help them track food/prey. Perhaps the tongue curling is related to that?

6 Likes

It looks like the dog has no ears.

O_O

Now I need a double UC:

17 Likes