🌈 Unicorn Chasers 🌈 (Part 1)

22 Likes

12t92uEpUDLx5e

28 Likes

Cat curling - neat!

19 Likes

Being named “Melchett” would definitely bring out assholery. :blush:

A side job at uni had me and a couple of other students involved in a study involving (and, naturally, caring for) large white rats, several of which were not involved in any study and who were put on ‘free feed’ (read: as much food as they wanted). Those babies were huge… and quite docile since we liked to handle them every once and awhile.

Roomba Cat.

15 Likes

He was named that way because of his attitude. Percy was a sweet dumbass and Baldrick was always trying to help…
Sometimes a name comes immediately, Chief was named before he left the shop, but sometimes you wait.

15 Likes

We used to call this “kitty bowling”, but “curling” is the better term

11 Likes

Snuggles.

15 Likes
24 Likes

29 Likes

Bun Alert:

I Repeat, Bun Alert.

Warning. Extreme smolness detected-

27 Likes
19 Likes

So they’re chicken nugget size, you say…? :thinking:

(Please don’t eat the tiny bunnies.
Unless they’re destroying the ecosystem, in which case pass the ketchup.
But otherwise no!!)

14 Likes

Ground Gremlins

12 Likes

I had pet rats as a youngling. Didn’t have any bite me, but many peed on my shoulder. In the end I stopped keeping pet rats because of their relatively short life and tendency to die from cancer. :cry:

Had one hamster who thought I was a chew toy though. He’s lucky he was cute.

And saves on swiffers.

Looked up pygmy rabbits this morning after seeing the latest XKCD. Someone please get Randall Munroe a medal.

17 Likes

lion

21 Likes

You’ve read the book, you’ve watched the film - now try the stew?

10 Likes

15 Likes

I had a great, gruff male rat who fathered 12 kids (in one go) and he was epic, lived to just over 5. That’s legendary!

11 Likes

My second pet rat had a huge tumor on her side at 4 1/2 years old. (Also three legs; she chewed through an electrical cord and then chewed off her burned front leg.)

My sister’s godfather was our vet and I begged him to remove her tumor. He had to have a frank discussion with the 10-year-old me about her lifespan.

13 Likes

Whoa “Big Daddy Rat”!

Did you ever do the “trick” where you’d lift up and support your rat from under their forearms ('twixt your thumb and index finger) and dangle them, then gently stroke the length of their body — the slack! — until the rat totally relaxed, its body lengthening until it looked like a thick limp strand of spaghetti? I did that a few times with one especially docile lab rat on free-feed. One day, with the “trick” in hand, I walked down the hall to the psych dept. associate prof’s office; he gave us our work assignments. He didn’t notice me walk up as I very gently “flobbed” his arm once with the super-long wet noodle rat. As much time as he had spent around rats, he claimed to have never seen anything like that, but did state that it made sense, given their ability to squeeze through very small openings. Anyway, I liked that rat. It enjoyed relaxing in the crook of my arm every now and then.

9 Likes