'Uniquely Canadian turn of events' leaves Tumbler Ridge, B.C. without internet

Originally published at: 'Uniquely Canadian turn of events' leaves Tumbler Ridge, B.C. without internet | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Oh Canada…

15 Likes
10 Likes

Are the beavers okay? :canada:

12 Likes

Cellphone services being touch-and-go doesn’t sound distinctly Canadian but rather universal.

3 Likes

a 4.5-inch thick conduit.

THICK? Or diameter?

At least, when I hear “x-inch thick conduit” I assume we’re talking the thickness of its walls, not the overall conduit diameter. And more to the point, only the former really matters as far as critter gnawing their way in.

4 Likes

Oh, it was a beaver. OK.
I was afraid it had something to with Red Green & the Possum Lodge gang.

6 Likes

The technicians apologized to the beavers and left them some replacement building material

10 Likes

Quite right.
(I’m sure a petition for your receipt of a Pedant Pendant is being actively considered.)

4 Likes

You don’t need a local beaver to have Telus leave you without internet.

3 Likes

“As Canadian as Farley Mowat in a tub of maple syrup.”

5 Likes

And there we used to think that “uniquely Canadian” turns of events would have to involve Tim Hortons and a Zamboni …

3 Likes

It appears so, but they did say that the cables were rather chewy with a nice crunchy centre, but lacking in flavour.

2 Likes

Yup. It’s possible to find yourself in the centre of the city of Bath, England, and have no cellphone signal!

1 Like

unfortunately this story does not involve a moose

4 Likes

Listening to Stompin’ Tom and drinking a double-double.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.