Beaver celebrates Canada Day by stealing Canadian flag

Originally published at: Beaver celebrates Canada Day by stealing Canadian flag | Boing Boing

3 Likes
9 Likes

I like they give the beaver a name, Spud.

7 Likes

“Why, what a tasty sapling branch. I think I’ll have it!”

:yoink:

6 Likes

Happy Canada day, mutants everywhere!

19 Likes

Canada may have decided to take a warmer, more cuddly, view of their relationship with the beaver; but Spud remembers The Great Skinning.

8 Likes

A few years ago, I watched a squirrel run down the middle of my street waving one of those 3x4 inch US Flags people stake out in their yards for July 4th. I watched him carry it up a tree, where his nest was festooned with about a dozen more of them.

8 Likes

Twitter posts don’t show up for me anymore (I’m technically in Mexico). I thought the BBS was working toward not embedding Twitter anymore? What gives? :man_shrugging:

ETA: Ah, next post up on the front page says I’m blocked because Elon’s a whiny baby.

4 Likes

Elon changed the rules. No more viewing twitter without a logon. Embeds “should” still work, but click-through doesn’t

5 Likes

Yeah, I just read that.

Comedy Central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

4 Likes

Ah, so that’s what’s going on. I just spent five minutes trying to get a link to that video to send to my friends and couldn’t. :roll_eyes:

Edit: Here’s a YouTube copy for your sharing and Elon-dodging pleasure:

7 Likes

Nice.

My dad was a school principal, and he took home a worn-out flag from his school (provincial flag of BC) after it was replaced. We flew it from the treehouse in our backyard, until the local squirrels decided that silk would make an excellent nest liner. The flag was shredded over the course of a day or two, and the squirrels lived in absolute luxury that year.

7 Likes

MjAxMy01MmUxNzcwMWNlNjllM2Zk

3 Likes

It seems, Hood said, that in places like Thunder Bay, along the outskirts of the Canadian wilderness, placing items such as satellite dishes and Canadian flags on beaver lodges has become a quintessential Canadian prank.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.